Go Back   Technibble Forums > Technical Discussions > Security, Viruses and Trojans

Technibble Sponsor

Old 06-21-2012, 04:45 PM

Location: Beattyville, KY (take a right at Nowhere, then go 30 miles).
3ft can only hope to improve

I just took this variant of ZeroAccess off a laptop yesterday. Combofix handled the final clean-up nicely.
Old 06-21-2012, 04:59 PM

FoolishTech is a jewel in the roughFoolishTech is a jewel in the roughFoolishTech is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ft View Post
I just took this variant of ZeroAccess off a laptop yesterday. Combofix handled the final clean-up nicely.
Which variant? Are you saying you used Combofix to cleanup after you removed the meat of the infection? I'll agree to that, Combofix is great albeit as slow as watching grass grow... but it also can't run when Windows is shutting down :P

Author of d7 & d7II, and TONS of other FREE PC technician's tools. www.FoolishIT.com

Check out my videos on using various Foolish IT software.

Latest free tool: CryptoPrevent - Cryptolocker prevention for any OS. Current Version: 4.3.2

Also check out My Network Boot Setup details, and the comment thread.
Boot diag CDs over the network / deploy Windows installs with updates, drivers, and pre-installed apps in minutes!
Old 06-22-2012, 11:06 PM

FoolishTech is a jewel in the roughFoolishTech is a jewel in the roughFoolishTech is a jewel in the rough

Just updated D7 and my latest removal tool for this variant to tackle the systems with an infected SERVICES.EXE file (which, if active A/V on the system detects this will attempt to remove it and subsequently windows will get stuck in a reboot loop.)

Author of d7 & d7II, and TONS of other FREE PC technician's tools. www.FoolishIT.com

Latest free tool: CryptoPrevent - Cryptolocker prevention for any OS. Current Version: 4.3.2

Boot diag CDs over the network / deploy Windows installs with updates, drivers, and pre-installed apps in minutes!

Last edited by FoolishTech; 06-25-2012 at 12:47 AM.
Old 06-25-2012, 04:05 AM

OK, just took the time to do a Youtube vid on removal with KillZA and repair with D7.