Go Back   Technibble Forums > Site Stuff > Site Issues, Requests and Suggestions

Technibble Sponsor

Old 06-21-2012, 05:53 AM

16k_zx81 is a jewel in the rough16k_zx81 is a jewel in the rough16k_zx81 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander View Post
I think it's safe to say that most of us regulars use the "New Posts" link at the top. With that in mind, if we add a new sub-section, will that increase the posts on those subjects? We don't have a ton of threads specifically relevant to the topic. Why not just improve the use of tags on threads to aid searches? (And by that, I don't mean repeating words from the title in the tags {rolls eyes}. If threads were tagged better, we'd probably have a lot less repeat threads but, instead of "Diagnosing a BSODing HP DX-9000 on-site [diagnostics, mobiletech]", we get "Help [windows, windows xp, crash])

I'm not against a sub-forum for it but 1) I don't see many posts that would go in there and 2) once we do, that's when Bryce will make one.
I dont see the problem with just posting whatever you want to post, OP. Im not sure that a Forum Section for mobile techs will increase posts, or will make the Forum any easier to navigate.

Seems to me TN has been around for years, mobile techs (I include myself in this category, even though I work from premises these days) have never had any issue with posting and discussing.

But, y'know, if thats what the majority of people want, whatever. I just dont see a need personally
Old 06-21-2012, 04:43 PM

altrenda is a jewel in the roughaltrenda is a jewel in the roughaltrenda is a jewel in the roughaltrenda is a jewel in the rough

Having looked around the site and seeing the lack of activity in the Remote Support and Managed Services sections I see what you mean. Might as well put the mobile topics in the regular tech sections.

And like Xander I just click the new posts button and read what interests me. The only time I really look at sections is when I want to post something.
Old 06-21-2012, 04:50 PM

Cambridge PC Support has a spectacular aura aboutCambridge PC Support has a spectacular aura about

I really can't see the point of it myself.
Old 06-22-2012, 05:14 PM

glricht has a spectacular aura aboutglricht has a spectacular aura about

As a mobile-only technician, my initial reaction to this was "that would be great". But after further reflection (and reading some of the above posts), I've come to the conclusion that it's not really needed. Yes, there are some mobile-only discussions (e.g. dealing with pets, what parts do you bring with you), but most are not specific to shop vs mobile.

My vote's to keep things as they are.
Old 07-01-2012, 12:21 PM
Administrator

Bryce W will become famous soon enough

As others have said, topics that relate to mobile technicians can already be housed by existing forums. Thank you for suggesting this though.

For advertising rates, Technibble product support (questions, replacements etc..) please email: support [at] technibble.com

Tags
thanks for moving