Go Back   Technibble Forums > Site Stuff > Site Issues, Requests and Suggestions

Technibble Sponsor

Old 06-20-2012, 06:37 PM

ComputerCorner is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Store Walkthrough Section - Video, images, etc.

I figured it would be nice to show images and details of each others shops to get a grasp on how everyone does stuff. Is there currently a place on the forum where this would be appropriate? If not, maybe it should be implemented.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:50 PM

Deadeye is an unknown quantity at this point

At one point there were some articles run on TN that did this. I would like to see it done on the forums though. It is a good idea.

this is the link to the 3rd and final article on tech workbenches: http://www.technibble.com/a-peek-at-...workbenches-3/
Old 07-10-2012, 09:55 PM

PCX is just really nicePCX is just really nicePCX is just really nicePCX is just really nice

No offense, but if my work benches looked like half of the ones on those blogs, I would not post my pictures . . .

Before you decided to post your problems on the forums, did you run a FULL diagnostic?

Be willing to do what your competition is not.

"The smartest and most successful people in the world are those who surround themselves with smarter and more successful people than themselves"
Old 07-10-2012, 10:50 PM

SprinterTech-WI is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to SprinterTech-WI

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCX View Post
No offense, but if my work benches looked like half of the ones on those blogs, I would not post my pictures . . .
hence the reason none of mine are up there yet..... I have 45 linear ft of counters, and they are so full of crap it's ridiculous, I don't care how many counters I have I never seem to have enough
Retail stores in Stevens Point, Wausau, and Wisconsin Rapids WI
www.SprinterTech.us
www.Facebook.com/SprinterTech

ALL IT USA LLC
Nationwide Enterprise Level Rollouts and Installations

You or someone you know need Charter Commercial or residential? Referrals pay $$ 715-204-4040
Old 07-10-2012, 11:05 PM

PCX is just really nicePCX is just really nicePCX is just really nicePCX is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprinterTech-WI View Post
hence the reason none of mine are up there yet..... I have 45 linear ft of counters, and they are so full of crap it's ridiculous, I don't care how many counters I have I never seem to have enough
Understandable, I feel your pain. We all have this problem from time to time, but I personally try and clean the shop every day. What I am mostly referring to is the nasty cigarettes burning next to customers computer or in the same room even, trash everywhere and shops that clearly look like there was never an attempt do a decent cleaning or organizing. My thoughts of course is if I were the customer I would be

Before you decided to post your problems on the forums, did you run a FULL diagnostic?

"The smartest and most successful people in the world are those who surround themselves with smarter and more successful people than themselves"
Old 07-10-2012, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Understandable, I feel your pain. We all have this problem from time to time, but I personally try and clean the shop every day. What I am mostly referring to is the nasty cigarettes burning next to customers computer or in the same room even, trash everywhere and shops that clearly look like there was never an attempt do a decent cleaning or organizing. My thoughts of course is if I were the customer I would be
Oh that I won't stand I yell(well not really "yell") at my guys for drinking next to computers, told them water bottles etc... need to stay at their desks and away from benches, so far so good.
I really need to do a full cleaning of the bench area, but I'm also adding another banner-partition so that customers don't see all the benches... it makes it easier when you're benches are packed.
www.SprinterTech.us

ALL IT USA LLC

You or someone you know need Charter Commercial or residential? Referrals pay $$ 715-204-4040
Old 07-10-2012, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Oh that I won't stand I yell(well not really "yell") at my guys for drinking next to computers, told them water bottles etc... need to stay at their desks and away from benches, so far so good.
I really need to do a full cleaning of the bench area, but I'm also adding another banner-partition so that customers don't see all the benches... it makes it easier when you're benches are packed.
Yeah, when I saw the pictures of your new shop being set up (which by the way, you need to update those pictures) I was like your customers can see your benches? . . . I don't even want my customers to see the back of the shop, even as much as I try and keep it clean, work keeps piling on and I feel like we are losing the battle. I eventually regain my sanity at the end of the day when I can finally clean it up. If I have an OCD, it would be clean work spaces. In my old shop, it got so bad (due to lack of work space and way too much work) that I would walk into the shop and be so overwhelmed because I had so much to do, but I was not sure if I should clean first so I could be more efficient or if I should try and knock out repairs . . . getting closer and closer to the point again.

Old 07-10-2012, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Yeah, when I saw the pictures of your new shop being set up (which by the way, you need to update those pictures) I was like your customers can see your benches? . . . I don't even want my customers to see the back of the shop, even as much as I try and keep it clean, work keeps piling on and I feel like we are losing the battle. I eventually regain my sanity at the end of the day when I can finally clean it up. If I have an OCD, it would be clean work spaces. In my old shop, it got so bad (due to lack of work space and way too much work) that I would walk into the shop and be so overwhelmed because I had so much to do, but I was not sure if I should clean first so I could be more efficient or if I should try and knock out repairs . . . getting closer and closer to the point again.
yea, it wasn't too bad at first, the main reason I like it open is cause it's much easier to deal with a lot of customers, but it's a pain now... so I'll spend the $90 and get a nice huge 20' x 7' banner and put our logos and some info on them and hang em from the ceiling
www.SprinterTech.us

ALL IT USA LLC

Old 07-10-2012, 11:38 PM

Quote:
yea, it wasn't too bad at first, the main reason I like it open is cause it's much easier to deal with a lot of customers, but it's a pain now... so I'll spend the $90 and get a nice huge 20' x 7' banner and put our logos and some info on them and hang em from the ceiling
Totally worth the $90. I do suggest that you actually extend the wall to the ceiling though and hange the banner. I know its more expense, but it will look better. Maybe that's just me being a painter though . . . past life.

Old 07-10-2012, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Totally worth the $90. I do suggest that you actually extend the wall to the ceiling though and hange the banner. I know its more expense, but it will look better. Maybe that's just me being a painter though . . . past life.
well in theory you shouldn't be able to tell...... also I still want to be able to drop it down cause I eventually will make those tech offices if we need more space, and expand into the vacant space next door..... it's complicated lol .
www.SprinterTech.us

ALL IT USA LLC