Go Back   Technibble Forums > Advertising & Marketing > Website Development & SEO

Technibble Sponsor

Old 06-15-2012, 04:36 PM

Will is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Accepting bookings online

Just wondering how many people currently accept bookings online through their website and what sort of conversion rate they're getting? I've been thinking of integrating my site with google adwords so I can better track and increase conversions.

At the moment almost all of my bookings come via the phone however I've noticed that uni students seem to favor booking online so I'd like to try and improve this aspect of my site. Thanks.
Old 06-15-2012, 07:15 PM

Mr.Mike is on a distinguished road

I am a mobile tech and I am currently setting up my new site to do just that. I am also offering remote repairs as an option. My site should be up within the next week or so. I'll let you know the results if you want to stay in touch. Just email me.
Old 06-16-2012, 01:04 AM

300DDR will become famous soon enough

I used to require an appointment for all clients (when I worked from my home). Answering machine message told people to make an appointment online and I would email and tell people the same thing (this is when I used to not pickup the phone because too busy and I hate waisting time talking to clients). I used setster.com for years and they are AWESOME! Highly recommend! Great service and great support.
Old 06-16-2012, 01:39 AM
Banned

OzzyGeek is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes I take bookings via my website and it is very successful. Just make sure you always respond promptly to requests and it will work for you. I use a company called Formsite.com for all my online forms.
Old 06-16-2012, 10:18 AM

Will is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm glad to hear that it's working well for both of you. Looks like I should put some more effort into this. Currently I'm using wufoo.com and they've been excellent, although the forms can sometimes be limiting in that it allows clients to double book.

OzzyGeek, do you still take the majority of your business through the phone?
Old 06-16-2012, 10:42 PM

callthatgirl is a jewel in the roughcallthatgirl is a jewel in the roughcallthatgirl is a jewel in the rough

Online booking is something I am trying to figure out now for remote support jobs. We currently take "book an appt" type requests through mhelpdesk and our own forms via Wordpress.

http://callthatgirl.biz/computer-rep...ne-ticket-form

Looks like that, it works...we get many requests a week.

I also have these forms in my blogs and in a variety of places throughout my website as "call to action" (call us!)
Old 06-18-2012, 01:50 AM
Banned

OzzyGeek is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will View Post
I'm glad to hear that it's working well for both of you. Looks like I should put some more effort into this. Currently I'm using wufoo.com and they've been excellent, although the forms can sometimes be limiting in that it allows clients to double book.

OzzyGeek, do you still take the majority of your business through the phone?
I have the online bookings option mainly because I believe a lot of customers prefer to do business online now rather than talking to someone face to face over the phone, it gives the customer another option to contact you. I would say at the moment it is probably around 80% phone calls and the rest via forms and email. However we are in the business of repairing computers and a lot of the time customers cannot use their computer to make bookings online because their computer is not working or they have no internet. So while I do offer this service I still think the old telephone is the way most customers will contact me.

My biggest hate is businesses who offer these services but either do not reply in a timely manner or don't reply at all. So if you are going to give your customers the option of online bookings etc make sure you respond in a timely fashion. Just the other day I went online looking for information regarding tyres for my car, contacted four business via there online forms and only one bothered to respond, needless to say the 3 that didn't respond will never get my business and the funny part is that one of the ones that did not reply put me on their mailing list. Unreal!
Old 06-18-2012, 08:33 PM

Mr.Mike is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyGeek View Post
I believe a lot of customers prefer to do business online now rather than talking to someone face to face over the phone,
Ha Ha! Gotta love it.
Old 08-11-2012, 09:37 PM

geek15 is an unknown quantity at this point

I can't speak for the conversion rate yet, as I am just getting started. I decided to give Groupon Scheduler (groupon.com/scheduler) a try. It's free!

__________________________________________________ _________________
The Discount Geek - DiscountGeekMA.com
Old 08-12-2012, 02:27 AM

Magic Miguel is on a distinguished road

I've seen countless appointment software that integrates with WordPress or similar CMS but I am looking for something similar or even exactly as the one that Apple uses for their Genius Bar appointments.