Go Back   Technibble Forums > The Computer Repair Business > Business and Legal Issues

Technibble Sponsor

Old 06-09-2012, 02:03 AM

LukeD is on a distinguished road

Did you give them a script or do they just take a message?
Old 06-09-2012, 02:29 AM

donte10 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm sure if they get you 2 extra invoices a month, you break even and the service pays for itself. I deal with a company in MN. Maybe an employee would be another option.
Old 06-09-2012, 02:29 AM
VIP

callthatgirl is a jewel in the roughcallthatgirl is a jewel in the roughcallthatgirl is a jewel in the rough

They have script options and you can have messages sent to different techs. I kinda like that feature. Some of my clients told me that "I had the nicest lady answer the phone" lol.
Old 06-09-2012, 03:25 PM

Steve202 is on a distinguished road

I'm using a company in the UK. Its a pay as you go service and the more money you spend when topping up, the cheaper it is. They charge per call and not by the minute, so I can keep an eye on the cost.
Old 06-09-2012, 05:36 PM

Chadhardy is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm looking into this as well, and after doing a little research I found this company

http://www.voicenation.com/live-answering.shtml

You can see their pricing here: http://www.qualityansweringservice.c...ng-made-simple

They are the only ones that seem to bundle in a lot of extra features that other places charge a-la-carte.

May be worth a look!
Old 06-09-2012, 09:55 PM

AlaDes is on a distinguished road

One other option you could do is to forward all your calls to one of your tech's phone when leaving the office. I'm not sure what call forwarding would cost you but it only costs me about $3 extra per month. Heck, for those prices, I'm sure one of your techs would be willing to just answer the phone during after hours, especially when they don't have to be there to do so. You could even rotate your techs to where each one had to pull a Sunday answering service and commission them for it
Old 06-09-2012, 11:15 PM

Cornerstone Technologies will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to Cornerstone Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaDes View Post
One other option you could do is to forward all your calls to one of your tech's phone when leaving the office. I'm not sure what call forwarding would cost you but it only costs me about $3 extra per month. Heck, for those prices, I'm sure one of your techs would be willing to just answer the phone during after hours, especially when they don't have to be there to do so. You could even rotate your techs to where each one had to pull a Sunday answering service and commission them for it
This is what I do, and it doesnt cost any extra, though this will depend on your provider. I have also thought about getting an answering service, but the fees around here are pretty much rape as they tend to do medical offices primarily. Rotating the phone to techs is a good idea, though from experience, I would only do this to a company owned phone. Years ago, I worked for a call center where we did this. Turns out that a guy wasnt answering the calls on his days, but if the call was forwarded, it would have been missed. I am not saying your techs are like that, but I have learned to keep my expectations low and be pleasantly surprised when I am proved wrong.
Old 06-10-2012, 07:53 AM
VIP

callthatgirl is a jewel in the roughcallthatgirl is a jewel in the roughcallthatgirl is a jewel in the rough

Chad, that's the company I am using right now. I ended up in the "middle" of the $230 and $430 plan.

I did sign the deal for the shopping mall place and we are getting 2 phone lines. I will work them out so if one is missed, it flips to the other phone and that one should never go to voicemail as I have 5 people located there.

Then I just have nights and weekends, but that store is open Saturday and Sundays, so I can hope. I am glad no one gets my voicemail anymore, but $315 is steep holy crap.

@corner....my main tech who does the calls with me never misses a call if he can help it, but he also doesn't take the blackberry home. And I don't want it either all night and weekends lol

btw...I just got dumped the other day because the new guy I was seeing didn't know I owned a company (just started dating) and he got my service when I missed a call. He said he wasn't into dating women that had so much going on in their lives.

Old 06-10-2012, 08:16 AM

andcorptech is on a distinguished road

Im in Australia and I use a phone voicemail service from a company called Zintel. I send them a wav file with my message in it and divert all missed/busy calls to the message service number they gave me. Then when a customer leaves a message for me it emails it to me as a wav file attachment. I pay $11.00 per 200 minutes of messages left each month, so this is an awesome service. If I go over 200 minutes then I pay another $11.00 for 200 minutes more until the end of the month. So far I have never gone over the first allotment of time each month.

I know its not the same as an actual person answering the call, but its a hell of alot better than missing messages or having to check voicemail, as I now have it emailed to one PC at work, to my home PC and to my phone, so I never miss a call now.

FYI, the AVM Fritzbox 7390 router I have at home has the same functionality built into the actual router, but the Zintel service is working so well for me Im hesitant to change it for my work system.

If you are looking into this , you should seriously check the Fritzbox router out as an option as it has some really nice Voice ( both PSTN and VOIP) features , as well as much more.
Old 06-10-2012, 08:19 AM

andcorptech is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by callthatgirl View Post
btw...I just got dumped the other day because the new guy I was seeing didn't know I owned a company (just started dating) and he got my service when I missed a call. He said he wasn't into dating women that had so much going on in their lives.

Wow, I just read that part, what an a$$hole. You probably dodged a bullet on that one though as It seems like he may not be able to handle such a successful woman