Go Back   Technibble Forums > The Computer Repair Business > Business and Legal Issues

Technibble Sponsor

Old 06-08-2012, 07:53 PM

bigdessert is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Phone auto attendant layout?

I am curious what your phone message plays at your business if someone doesn't answer.

Currently we are a 2 man shop and we have our phones ring, but if we don't answer then it plays:

Quote:
Thank you for contacting [our shop name]. If you know your parties extension please enter it now. Otherwise, for [tech 1 name] press 1, for [tech 2 name] press 2 or press 0 for the general deliver mailbox.
In my opinion this makes us seem like a small time operation and we only deal with businesses so would like to make ourselves sound bigger.

Just curious what everyone else uses for a recording and if they pickup the phone when it rings or let an answering auto attendant answer before it even rings the business phones?
Old 06-08-2012, 10:33 PM

Xander is just really niceXander is just really niceXander is just really niceXander is just really nice

"Thank you for calling Prompt Care, 'TLC for your PC'. If you are getting this message, it means that we are either giving a customer our undivided attention or you have called outside of business hours. Please leave a message including details of your computer problems or, if you prefer, email us at tech@promptcare.ca"

Paraphrased but probably close.

New here? Watch this and read this. Remember, it's not our problem, it's yours so ask your questions well.
e.g. Make/Model#, Win version/SP#, BSOD 0x#. Consider posting Event Viewer logs, Autoruns exports or something.
More info means better answers and less snark.

Don't be parasitic and only pose your own questions. Help others.
Never trust a "tech" with a hotmail address.

D7 question/idea/etc? Bring it to the D7 Forums.
Old 06-09-2012, 03:14 AM
VIP

callthatgirl is a jewel in the roughcallthatgirl is a jewel in the roughcallthatgirl is a jewel in the rough

FYI. My web guy hired a voice actor to do his voice over and it's amazing. $50to do it. I would recommend it. I know when I have done my voicemail greetings in the past, I sound like a half dork.
Old 06-09-2012, 03:15 AM

bigdessert is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by callthatgirl View Post
FYI. My web guy hired a voice actor to do his voice over and it's amazing. $50to do it. I would recommend it. I know when I have done my voicemail greetings in the past, I sound like a half dork.
Thanks for the input. Do you have a name or number that I can 1.hear the voice, 2. get into contact with this voice actor?
Old 06-09-2012, 04:40 AM
VIP

callthatgirl is a jewel in the roughcallthatgirl is a jewel in the roughcallthatgirl is a jewel in the rough

I'll send over PM for you.
Old 06-09-2012, 05:38 AM

carrcomp will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to carrcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by callthatgirl View Post
Only half?

Honestly though ... voice actor is a cool idea.

Everyone keeps talking about recurring revenue ... but where do you start?

White Label Residential and Business managed service plans are available for as little as $10/month. Call today for more information.

866-568-2813.

www.rstechteam.com/country-select
www.rstechteam.com/shop

Need a template for your contracts and check in forms?
Click here for your copy of Technibble's Computer Business Kit.