Go Back   Technibble Forums > The Computer Repair Business > Business and Legal Issues

Technibble Sponsor

Old 06-08-2012, 11:40 PM

technetnerd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default starting out

I have a question about the steps that sba has laid out for starting your business.

When I fill out the forms on the EIN it gives an optional space to put your DBA, but yet it doesnt show the DBA until step five, however I did see something where by law in alabama you do not have to use a fictious name. Wouldn't the DBA be the first thing you do so if you did come across any problems it wouldnt be set in stone yet? I would appreciate it if some of you could give me not in long detail but in short the steps you went about your business license.

I just want to:
1. get dba
2. Tax registration
3. Obtain business license from country
4. domain registration

I know everywhere is different and ive read many posts about this, I just want some feedback on how im going about it if there's anything im missing or if im doing things in the wrong order.
Old 06-08-2012, 11:59 PM

Mr.Mike is on a distinguished road

Assuming you have all of your other ducks in a row, visit your county tax collector's office and fill out an application,and usually pay a nominal fee (mine: $26.00) . Next, you need to take the form to a local newspaper or other approved public information rag and announce your DBA name (fictitious business name) and wait 6 weeks (your wait length may vary). After the wait period, check back with the county to let them know the wait period is over and (you may have to visit the office) and ask when you will receive your business license (usually 2 weeks through the mail). Once that's done you are off and running. Its not very difficult.
Old 06-09-2012, 02:39 AM

HawkinsPC is on a distinguished road

I PMed you. May not be of much help, but it's my "arrangement."