Go Back   Technibble Forums > Advertising & Marketing > Advertising, Marketing & Sales

Technibble Sponsor

Old 06-08-2012, 09:48 PM

coffee has a spectacular aura aboutcoffee has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Skype™ to coffee
Default Cold Canvassing - What do you bring?

In a few weeks I will start canvassing customers in some locations such as "assisted living" buildings (if management will let me). So I got thinking of what others that do cold canvassing bring with them to support their company? My new business cards will be here monday (yah!). I am going to concentrate on a flier this weekend.

Just interested in learning what you give perspective customers to introduce yourself?

thanks and hope everyone is having a great day / weekend!

coffee

www.renuecomputers.com
Old 06-09-2012, 12:46 AM
VIP

callthatgirl is a jewel in the roughcallthatgirl is a jewel in the roughcallthatgirl is a jewel in the rough

Today I did a cold call (if you can call it that) to a big non-profit. I got the name of the IT Director from a current employee and just said, "I'm Lisa of CTG and I own a computer repair business, I hear you need some help" and then he talked, I talked and he said let's meet in person.

I never cold call almost, so just be yourself and tell people who you are, what you, how you can help them, start a conversation, see where it goes. That's all I know about it lol
Old 06-09-2012, 01:29 AM

Thank you very much. Do you have any give-a-ways or anything like that? I just find it kinda awkward to come with just a business card. I was thinking mouse pads when I go in to call.

Best Regards,

coffee

www.renuecomputers.com
Old 06-10-2012, 02:43 AM

Parkwaytech is on a distinguished road

I usually bring a couple of white papers we have put together. Otherwise, business clients just want to know how you can help them.

I have never cold called residential clients because I just don't see the value in it. Too little revenue from most of them.
Old 06-10-2012, 04:35 AM

gikstar is on the way

"assisted living" buildings

I'm not sure if you are looking to provide your services to the residents or the the facility management companies.

Remember, you need to consider what in it for them, why should they go out of their way to refer you...

May I suggest you provide and hour or two of training in their community room on a weekly or monthly basis. They could put it on their schedule of things that they offer.

You will receive one or two things from doing this, 1) personal satisfaction in providing to the needs of others and training experience, 2) clients/referrals
the people who live there do have friends and relatives.

So, go in and offer to teach a class in computers at the assisted living buildings.
Old 06-10-2012, 02:45 PM

Some very good suggestions! Thank you very much everyone.

I latched on the idea of Assisted living buildings because Iam a mobile tech right now and it seems that they would have a real need for someone to come in and fix their computer problems. Alot of them dont have a real way to get out to a repair shop. The buildings Im looking at are more or less just a retirement situation. More like a condo setup I guess.

I think what I will do is some advanced scouting and see if they have like a community flier or something that the people read. Perhaps I can get an ad in there or something like that. Maybe a community bulletin board too.

I know others have echoed this idea and perhaps gone with it. Love to hear how it worked out.

Best Regards,

coffee

www.renuecomputers.com
Old 06-10-2012, 04:09 PM

rsarceno will become famous soon enough

I have a few assisted living clients between 50 - 150 beds. The most common request is full WIFI coverage for visitors, biometric and water resistance time card system and camera monitor for public areas with good security.

Make sure you have the info above just in case...
Old 06-10-2012, 07:08 PM

Parkwaytech is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsarceno View Post
I have a few assisted living clients between 50 - 150 beds. The most common request is full WIFI coverage for visitors, biometric and water resistance time card system and camera monitor for public areas with good security.

Make sure you have the info above just in case...
I believe he wants to target the residents, not the businesses themselves.
Old 06-10-2012, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkwaytech View Post
I believe he wants to target the residents, not the businesses themselves.
That was my original intent. Seems most of the residence get around ok but they are old enough to want a small place to live with help when they need it. Its just the thought that they have a hard time getting out and thus I might do well if I can get in there.

www.renuecomputers.com
Old 06-10-2012, 10:36 PM

Mr.Mike is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gikstar View Post
May I suggest you provide and hour or two of training in their community room on a weekly or monthly basis. They could put it on their schedule of things that they offer.

You will receive one or two things from doing this, 1) personal satisfaction in providing to the needs of others and training experience, 2) clients/referrals
the people who live there do have friends and relatives.

So, go in and offer to teach a class in computers at the assisted living buildings.
^^^^+1 to this. I find this has been the way to go. Another thing to do is pickup one of those "easy-up" free standing canopies and situate yourself at a local event or town celebration. Be prepared to offer new clients a percentage off the work or free tune-up.