Go Back   Technibble Forums > Announcements > Introductions

Technibble Sponsor

Old 05-30-2012, 09:45 PM

Dr-DJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Introduction

Tell us a little about yourself
I have been in the PC repair business for 25 years. Working with Small Businesses and end users. I have raised 3 kids in this way and word of mouth has been my primary form of advertising. At the beginning we would wear long white lab coats and go from Business to Business and when folks needed PC help they would call the guys with the white coats, the computer doctors or something along that line, but they remembered and called. I still have clients from the beginning, though some others hired full time techs or have merged with other companies, so it may be time to pull out the coat again.

What country do you live in?
New Hamsphire, USA

What is your current experience? (Years working on computers, in the business, certifications etc..)
25 years plus working on them, remember the TI9400?
I have my MCP and I was one test from the next level of certification.
It has been fun, I have met a lot of people and enjoy going from office to office, staying out of the inter-office politics.

Are you self looking to start a computer business, already have one, working for someone else or something else?
I have had my own business for 22 years, the first 3 were for two other guys who started the business and then one moved out west and the other became a real Doctor. Our business name is The PC Doctor. Since then I have been the tech and my wife runs our office.

Anything else you would like to share? hobbies etc..
I liked to travel to islands with my wife and scuba dive. Having our own business makes it harder to get away very often, but we do so at least a week a year. Fortunately, I have developed relationships with other techs in the area, so we can cover for each other during vacations.
Old 05-31-2012, 01:03 AM

Mr.Mike is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the TN forums. I would imagine you will have much to contribute to our conversation.