Go Back   Technibble Forums > General Computers > General Computer Chit-Chat

Technibble Sponsor

Old 05-27-2012, 06:31 PM

Tab Alternatives is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Tab Alternatives Send a message via Skype™ to Tab Alternatives

Using a flash drive with a small cap, having the lanyard on the actual pen would be indeed a better way. But the survivor that I got has a cap the size of the actual pen itself, and screws on, which is annoying. I would rather unscrew it while it be on the neck lanyard, then plug it in the machine; When I'm done using it I would just screw the pen back onto the cap which is still on the lanyard. IMO would be a better design for this specific flash drive.

Don't call a GEEK, call a PROFESSIONAL.
Facebook | Yelp | LinkedIn | Website
Old 05-28-2012, 06:11 AM

RedFoxComp is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJimbo View Post
Ok, because if you are concerned about sticks getting infected just use sticks with write protect switches. We only use Kanguru sticks which are pretty cheap and there can be no "dirtying".

https://www.kanguru.com/index.php/fl...ru-flashblu-ii
Are the Kangurus pretty durable? I've bought a bunch of Imation Clips , perfect for keychains, super durable and have a write protect switch. They're getting harder to find now though. There really aren't that many manufacturers that make them with switches.

Old 05-28-2012, 12:24 PM

NYJimbo is a glorious beacon of lightNYJimbo is a glorious beacon of lightNYJimbo is a glorious beacon of lightNYJimbo is a glorious beacon of lightNYJimbo is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFoxComp View Post
Are the Kangurus pretty durable? I've bought a bunch of Imation Clips , perfect for keychains, super durable and have a write protect switch. They're getting harder to find now though. There really aren't that many manufacturers that make them with switches.

My blue kangurus are in use every day and I have yet to have one fail (your mileage may vary). As far as I can tell the bodies are metal with a blue coating and they come with strong lanyards. I love the fact they have the little switch, I have put them in computers that were infected and seen a program complain about write access that should not be running, which tells me something nasty was trying to write on the usb but couldn't.