Go Back   Technibble Forums > The Computer Repair Business > Business and Legal Issues

Technibble Sponsor

Old 05-23-2012, 06:15 PM

ell will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkwaytech View Post
Thanks, ell! That is awesome info.
Just thought I'd share my experience, awful as it was, all of 2011 I was down 40%!!! Things are pretty much back to normal now, google really is the only game in town, I don't pay for any advertising. My listing merged with a online business that didn't even have a physical location! My listing had my details but their phone number! It was caused because my other web listings were not consistent, lesson learned the hard way
Old 05-23-2012, 07:19 PM

Benchtech is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ell View Post
Google will also penalize you ..{for}.. putting your city name in your business title or description.
I have not found that to be true as there is a business here in my city with the name of the city in the business name. (Xouthgate Xomputers), and personally I have in my title as well as my meta info: Benchtech Computer Repair in Southgate xxx-xxx-xxxx

added the X so a bot does associate this with my competitor since this is an open forum.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benchtech View Post
I have not found that to be true as there is a business here in my city with the name of the city in the business name. (Xouthgate Xomputers), and personally I have in my title as well as my meta info: Benchtech Computer Repair in Southgate xxx-xxx-xxxx

added the X so a bot does associate this with my competitor since this is an open forum.
Thats the trouble, you see other listings that are in violation, but they were created before they changed the rules, which happens constantly! Be aware one day you may go down mysteriously, and whats really troubling is when and IF google sends you an email, it doesn't even explain what you violated! I'd go look at the guidelines, you may be surprised to find your in violation, it just takes months before the google bot filters you out.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:28 PM

Benchtech is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ell View Post
Thats the trouble, you see other listings that are in violation, but they were created before they changed the rules, which happens constantly! Be aware one day you may go down mysteriously, and whats really troubling is when and IF google sends you an email, it doesn't even explain what you violated! I'd go look at the guidelines, you may be surprised to find your in violation, it just takes months before the google bot filters you out.
I actually did after this happened, fixed what needed to be fixed and updated anything and everything that had my busines sinfo attached to it to all match.

Thanks for your help
Old 05-23-2012, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benchtech View Post
I actually did after this happened, fixed what needed to be fixed and updated anything and everything that had my busines sinfo attached to it to all match.

Thanks for your help
I forgot to mention one more very important tip, edit only once cuz every time you hit submit, it rolls you to the back of the review que, which can be anywhere from 30 days to 4 months. So don't touch it once you've edited, even if it takes 4 months.
Old 05-26-2012, 12:45 PM

mygeek is an unknown quantity at this point

ell, so you're saying that it's now bad to had your location in your websites title and description?
Old 05-26-2012, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mygeek View Post
ell, so you're saying that it's now bad to had your location in your websites title and description?
It used to be, I skimmed through here and now I'm not sure if they are allowing it now or not, I just know if your business name is "xyz computer repair", and your places listing is named "xyz computer repair los angleles" theres a good chance the bot will pull you. http://support.google.com/places/bin...&answer=107528
Old 05-26-2012, 12:55 PM

Quote:
You can do anything you want to your website, but be sure your physical address is in the footer.Your places listing title, has to match the title of business, no urls or added words or description.
Old 05-26-2012, 06:13 PM

PCX is just really nicePCX is just really nicePCX is just really nicePCX is just really nice

Quote:
It is fine to add your location to the title of your google places so long as it is also apart of your legal name and the name that is used everywhere else on the web.

Before you decided to post your problems on the forums, did you run a FULL diagnostic?

Be willing to do what your competition is not.

"The smartest and most successful people in the world are those who surround themselves with smarter and more successful people than themselves"