Go Back   Technibble Forums > Advertising & Marketing > Advertising, Marketing & Sales

Technibble Sponsor

Old 05-22-2012, 03:01 PM

angry_geek is a jewel in the roughangry_geek is a jewel in the roughangry_geek is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to angry_geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'putertutor View Post
That's a bummer your chamber charges membership. The ones I have been involved with in Utah and Montana do not. Yes, door hangers do cost money, but if done yourself (which I have done) the costs is truly minimal.
Utah and Montana must be nice! I'm a member of 4 Chambers, and they all charge an annual fee. Speaking of which, I'm dropping 3 of them. I'm keeping with the only one that seems to do anything and actually has the balls to stand up to the national leadership. SOPA almost led to a revolt with this one.

Old 05-22-2012, 04:38 PM

rsarceno will become famous soon enough

A lot of people doesn't recommend Craigslist simply because it's a pain in the B#$T, but it's free.

I landed two ongoing sub-contract job with Craigslist. Between this two companies alone I avg 10 - 15 hrs per week.

I turn down most of the residential because there asking $30 for everything. It's a lot of hazel but that's the price I pay for using craigslist

If you do full or logical data recovery, then definitely advertise on Craigslist. I recently started data recovery and got two clients from craigslist within a month. I was able to quote them half what they would have pay for.

I also signup with BBB. Not free but reasonable for one man shop. I get two referrals last year that pay for the membership fee. My main purpose for BBB is to be able to put the logo on my website and one additional back link.

Also check you county/state for new business listing. Mine generate a list of all new business owner. I do direct mail for this new companies with a customize letter and my brochure. This works better than my money mailer and door hanger.

I would say most of my client comes from my Website and word of mouth.

Last edited by rsarceno; 05-22-2012 at 04:54 PM.