Go Back   Technibble Forums > Other Discussions > General Chat

Technibble Sponsor

Old 05-01-2012, 02:28 AM

angry_geek is a jewel in the roughangry_geek is a jewel in the roughangry_geek is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to angry_geek
Angry Do you hate the cable company as much as I do?

We haven't been able to send or receive faxes from our billing company since the 25th. No one bothered to tell me this piece of information until I was finally able to take my lunch at 2:30 this afternoon. Urghhh! After 2 hours of troubleshooting this afternoon, I discover the line is hot at the NID, but not inside my building. I can't get a tone on the cable at all. Back outside, I decide to try a different pair of wires inside the cable. That's when the twisted severed end of the cable came out of the wall. As I stand there pondering this, I can't help but wonder why the mouse only chewed this cable and not the other 3 right next to it. That's when it hits me! Mediacom was here on the 25th, and the tech drilled a hole right next to these cables. He obviously got the cable wrapped around his drill bit and severed it. Now you may think it was an honest mistake, and I would tend to agree. However, this tech had the presence of mind to cram the twisted broken end of cable back through the hole in some feeble attempt to hide the evidence. What dude, did you honestly think we wouldn't notice if we all of a sudden had no phones? So, I had to run another 150 feet of cable through the attic and down the wall and out to the NID. I tallied my time. Mediacom (the local cable company) racked up a $525 bill tonight, which I will be sending them.

Loring is angry! Tomorrow, there will be hell to pay for this numbnuts!

Last edited by angry_geek; 05-01-2012 at 02:35 AM. Reason: typo
Old 05-01-2012, 02:48 AM

colonydata is on a distinguished road

good luck getting them to pay.
Old 05-01-2012, 02:50 AM

angry_geek is a jewel in the roughangry_geek is a jewel in the roughangry_geek is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to angry_geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonydata View Post
good luck getting them to pay.
My rep just told me he would make sure it's taken care of. They're our new backup data connection. They have been trying to get us to go with them for 5 years. I have to think they may take care of it on this one, bet we'll see.

Old 05-01-2012, 03:12 PM

Tepin is on the way

I could go on forever about why I hate our cable company ..

When our cable installer came to install our internet he had to run a new line to the house because squirrels chewed up the last one. He managed to set his ladder down on 2 of my lawn lights, breaking them off the stakes.

We got a 50Mb connection from them .. with a 100GB/month data cap. 50c/gig overage charges (not as bad as cellular at least) but I pay $20-100 a month in overages. DSL isn't an option, the whole neighborhood was provisioned with copper in the 60's and the line quality is terrible. I can only get 1.5Mb DSL :/

Last edited by Tepin; 05-01-2012 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Dreaming of 50Gb ..
Old 05-01-2012, 03:55 PM

coffee has a spectacular aura aboutcoffee has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Skype™ to coffee

Gee, One of my favorite subjects to complain about. This is what happens when you get a monopoly. In my are I have a wide selection of internet providers. I can have AT&T or Comcast. Thats it. They are both horrible of course.

It took 3 months to get comcast to come out and bury their cable they ran from the box to my home. I finally called them up and told them to bury it by the end of the week or I was going to cut it and remove it. They finally did send a 3rd party company to come out and bury it. However, I think its only about 3 inches deep.

While living in an apartment complex comcast mailed out letters saying they were going to do home inspections of the cable lines. They would be there Friday afternoon. I work for a living so of course I was not there. They then just cut my line at the box outside. I was extremely pissed at them! I dont care if they do change their name to Xfinity. They are still comcrap to me. Next, They raised their rates. I told them I was on a budget and that if they raise their rates I would have to drop their TV service in order to keep internet. They wouldnt budge. So, I dropped the TV service and they told me there would be an additional charge on my monthly bill for doing that.

AT&T is so bad that I have residential customers that pay me to call them to clear up their problems because they are tierd of talking to them. Now thats pretty bad!

I went with DirecTV and now they are starting to pull stuff. They change their menu options all the time it seems and usually get rid of anything helpful - No more channel recall when you are in the tv menu guilde. Im about to just forget about TV and go with internet and RUKU ( I think it is).

Ok, My rant is over.

www.renuecomputers.com
Old 05-21-2012, 05:41 AM

theshehu is an unknown quantity at this point

It's a monopoly, and cable companies make a fortune.. Why do they need to care?
Old 05-21-2012, 12:13 PM

coffee has a spectacular aura aboutcoffee has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Skype™ to coffee

Quote:
It's a monopoly, and cable companies make a fortune.. Why do they need to care?
Exactly. IMHO, monopolies are the cancer of capitalism. Had I been in charge I would do this:

1. Tell comcast that they cannot have NBC.
2. Nationalize the phonelines/cable lines and have all companies that would use them pay a tax to keep them going or upgrade them.
3. Forbid the 2 year contract and arbitration.
4. Make it illegal to set pricing by zip codes or other means.
5. Limit the size a company can become. I only say this because of the Government Motors deal "To big to let fail" ect..

Arent I a meany?

www.renuecomputers.com