Go Back   Technibble Forums > General Computers > General Computer Chit-Chat

Technibble Sponsor

Old 05-19-2012, 04:31 PM

YOCS will become famous soon enough

We would change an entry in the BIOS so that it would say when booting up you've been infected by a virus your hard drive will be wiped in 30 days then edit it every day 29Days etc. The tech would look around then try to figure it out. Finally when it got down to about 3 days the tech asked for help...

Changing the windows shutdown sound to a toilet flush is always fun.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:47 PM

frase is an unknown quantity at this point

not a techprank as such, though fellow IT colleague went on leave for a cpl weeks. Just so happened a one-direction poster was free in the newspaper the 1st day of his said leave. So he ended up having a 1 direction poster a3 sized plastered on his desk backboard for his entire leave period. Users must have wondered when some came in..lol

http://byteablesolutions.com.au/
Old 05-24-2012, 11:01 AM

rudger is an unknown quantity at this point

Prank I have used was to put clear sticky tape over the pins on a cat5 cable. worked as a good prank also a test for new engineers diagnostic skills, it always surprised me the amount of techies who would always suspect everything else apart from the network cable.

The Best I saw was an engineer in the workshop was on holiday for a few days so they reloaded his PC With a chinese or Japanese version of windows XP (not using a MUI) set the Bios only to boot from the first HDD, password protected his Bios and Glued the Cmos battery and bios reset jumper down so he couldn't reset the bios. the evil engineer who did this then went on holiday himself.
Old 05-24-2012, 11:12 AM

carrcomp will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to carrcomp

Back when I had a regular job, I used to train new people in a call center.

One of the big problems is that new people wouldn't lock their computers when they left it (a big no-no when you deal with customer credit cards)

So, I would lefty flip the mouse, turn the sensitivity all the way down as well as the speed, then lock their computer.

I would then change something in their username (an I to a 1 etc)

This was, of course, to make them remember to lock their computers.

I had one newbie once on his second week there, and he wound up with the full above treatment. Someone came and got me out of my office 45 minutes after the guy came back from lunch because he had called the help desk 4 times to reset his password, and went through 5 mouse swaps.

Suffice it to say I had to have a meeting with everyone about locking their computer because of the lost productivity, but it was worth it. Never saw an unlocked computer again from that employee.

Want to know what's new with Remote Support Tech Team? Want tips to help increase at counter sales after a repair?
Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.