Go Back   Technibble Forums > Other Discussions > General Chat

Technibble Sponsor

Old 05-17-2012, 06:13 PM

brock029 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New Build and Windows 7

Well I ordered some parts and built a pc for a friend. Working with the case was the worst part of it. The powersupply was at the bottom and the harddrive was supposed to mount right infront of it crammed in with all of the cables from the psu. The case is an Antec 900. Other then that the build went smooth booted it up and started installing windows. I decided to walk away and came back 5 minutes later and it was already on the desktop. I was very surprised. That was the fastest windows install I have ever been through.

The specs are:
BIOSTAR TA970XE mother board
AMD FX-6100 Zambezi Processor 6-core cpu
16gbs DDR3 ram
1TB WD Caviar Black
Radeon 7870 GHZ edition Graphics Card

I haven't installed windows on a nice computer like this one yet so I was excited. Now I need to work on upgrading mine.
Old 05-17-2012, 06:45 PM

compnet will become famous soon enough

I've built in the antec 900 before... doesn't it have like 5 or 6 hard drive bays?? I didn't have any issues with the hard drive being in the way of P/S cables..

And ya, windows 7 is so much nicer to install, I almost feel bad for charging sometimes.. 10-15 minutes, most of the drivers already installed, ninite some apps... whole thing done in 20-25 minutes
Old 05-17-2012, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by compnet View Post
I've built in the antec 900 before... doesn't it have like 5 or 6 hard drive bays?? I didn't have any issues with the hard drive being in the way of P/S cables..

And ya, windows 7 is so much nicer to install, I almost feel bad for charging sometimes.. 10-15 minutes, most of the drivers already installed, ninite some apps... whole thing done in 20-25 minutes
It has 9 5.25" bays and 2 hard dive bays at the bottom. I just love to build computers and think ive gotten way to use to installing xp on old ibm machines.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:05 PM

Cornerstone Technologies will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to Cornerstone Technologies

Ive build a few machines with this case, I have learned from experience to order adapters to use the larger bays with 3.5in drives. Its a great case.
Old 05-18-2012, 12:40 AM

Yeah I did like the case just wish I new about the hard drive mounting head aches. Now I want to upgrade my computer after getting that one put together. I was jealous of the build and my friend having an extra $1000 for the parts lol.
Old 05-18-2012, 02:53 AM

James_S is on the way

If you think that system is fast you should build something similar with a SSD, talk about a smokin' fast system

It's the best upgrade you can do once you have at least a fast dual-core and 4GB of RAM. Prices are finally getting below $1/GB as well. One of the utility machines at work has a Pentium D, 2GB DDR2, and a 64GB Crucial M4 loaded with Windows 8 CP. Windows itself boots in less than 15 seconds.
Old 05-18-2012, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_S View Post
It's the best upgrade you can do once you have at least a fast dual-core and 4GB of RAM. Prices are finally getting below $1/GB as well. One of the utility machines at work has a Pentium D, 2GB DDR2, and a 64GB Crucial M4 loaded with Windows 8 CP. Windows itself boots in less than 15 seconds.
Very nice, I haven't got to mess around with SSDs yet. Mainly because of their price but I will defiantly be getting one for my pc