Go Back   Technibble Forums > General Computers > General Computer Chit-Chat

Technibble Sponsor

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 12:56 AM

repairtechinc is on the way

PCX - A little bit of both. For example we use memory and hard drive diagnostic tools that are already available, but we wrote our own tool to check for minimum system specifications.

Ian
Old 05-03-2012, 04:22 AM

PCX is just really nicePCX is just really nicePCX is just really nicePCX is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by repairtechinc View Post
PCX - A little bit of both. For example we use memory and hard drive diagnostic tools that are already available, but we wrote our own tool to check for minimum system specifications.

Ian
Can you tell me what tools you guys are using for the hard drive and memory? I imagine that there are scripts that allows us to run these test consecutively if needed correct?

Did you run a FULL diagnostic?

Are you tired of getting defective iPhone screens? Try eTech. We used to send back boxes of defective iPhone screens to WGP, now we rarely get them.

"The smartest and most successful people in the world are those who surround themselves with smarter and more successful people than themselves"
Old 05-03-2012, 05:45 AM

Sure, here are a few we use, although for some of them we've added additional code to get the functionality we want.

Memory: Memtester
Hard Drive: BadBlocks

Yes, we have programmed in automation so that you don't have to run them by hand. You won't need to mess with any scripts, it's all done through a GUI. After the entire suite of tests is run you get an intuitive report detailing the results.

Ian
Old 05-03-2012, 09:09 AM

carrcomp will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to carrcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightkingdoms View Post
It's not as good of a product as it used to be before Dell
End scentence lol.

I have 2 Alienware M17x R2 laptops.

The first has broken down so many times (you'd think that I could keep it running but I've given up on fixing it)

They sent me a replacement Laptop, but it doesn't work properly either ... so they told me to keep both for spare parts (I'm a Dell partner, so sometimes I service their customers)

Both are kinda working (I need to resolder the DC jack on one of them) and are usable as stationary gaming rigs, but no matter what I do they will never work right as a portable gaming device.

Everyone keeps talking about recurring revenue ... but where do you start?

White Label Residential and Business managed service plans are available for as little as $10/month. Call today for more information.

866-568-2813.

www.rstechteam.com/country-select
www.rstechteam.com/shop

Need a template for your contracts and check in forms?
Click here for your copy of Technibble's Computer Business Kit.
Old 05-17-2012, 02:17 AM

Default TechUSB

Hello Everyone,

My name is Max Mero and I am the Head of Business Development for RepairTech, Inc. We've been working hard on the continued development of TechUSB, and we really appreciate your questions and interest in our product.

In the past few weeks we've gotten some great feedback from various repair technicians which has helped us improve and add to TechUSB's feature set. For example we've been able to make memory tests run 35x faster, and added in some great features like SMART checks and quick, full, and custom modes for running TechUSB.

Since BuiltByMom created this post on TechNibble, 54 repair shops and IT professionals have requested to be Beta Testers! We're almost ready to release Beta to the public, and are so impressed with the way that the TechNibble community has responded to TechUSB that we've decided that the first 100 Beta signups will get a month of free access to the commercial version of TechUSB after Beta (plus some other goodies). Please sign up at repairtechsolutions.com if you're interested. Our newest version will be available next week.

We really appreciate your interest and feedback, and we hope to continue meeting more people within the Technibble community. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you!

Max Mero
RepairTech, Inc.
max@repairtechsolutions.com
Old 05-17-2012, 04:00 AM

Xander is a jewel in the roughXander is a jewel in the roughXander is a jewel in the roughXander is a jewel in the rough

Max, while you're still at the beta stage, you're probably fine here.
I would recommend clearing anything else with Bryce (if you haven't already) to stay in line with the forum's advertising rules.

New here? Watch this and read this. Remember, it's not our problem, it's yours so ask your questions well.
e.g. Make/Model#, Win version/SP#, BSOD 0x#. Consider posting Event Viewer logs, Autoruns exports or Speccy reports.
More info means better answers and less snark.

Don't be parasitic and only pose your own questions. Help others.

D7 question/idea/etc? Bring it to the D7 Forums.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:50 AM
Administrator

Bryce W will become famous soon enough

This has strayed into the advertising zone which is against the rules. This started out as an Unaffiliated announcement by TechLady which is fine, now it is getting pushed by the creators which makes it become advertising so I am going to close this thread. Shoot me an email at advertising@technibble.com if you would like to discuss some advertising options.

Quote:
No Advertising
You cannot post advertisements of any sort in any forum. This includes products, services or websites that you would directly or indirectly benefit from in any way.

Exceptions to this rule (may be objected to which is at the discretion of the moderators):
Signatures - If you are posting a useful response, you may include your own website in the signature of your message.

Unaffiliated Announcements - If you spot a great deal on a site, post it in the "Computer Deals" forum. You may only do this if you are completely unaffiliated with that deal.

Any tricks to circumvent this (such as getting a friend to advertise for you in order to bypass the "unaffiliated" rule) will be dealt with at the discretion of the moderators.

For advertising rates, Technibble product support (questions, replacements etc..) please email: support [at] technibble.com
Closed Thread