Nibbler for life
Old 05-14-2012, 02:54 PM

carrcomp will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to carrcomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobscomputerservice View Post
what iam i missing where are the logos?
Profile picture at the top there.

Want to know what's new with Remote Support Tech Team? Want tips to help increase at counter sales after a repair?
Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Old 05-14-2012, 04:31 PM
VIP

callthatgirl is a jewel in the roughcallthatgirl is a jewel in the roughcallthatgirl is a jewel in the rough

What I have learned from logos (now that I pay attention daily), is that they should be strong to stand alone, without text from your company. They should be able to be recognized in a marketing flyer (for example) and people will see the logo and know it's your company.

I'm not a huge fan of text in logos, but as long as they are done right and you can add text later for marketing, that works for many I have noticed. Sometimes a good logo is just text...so it can be kind of hard to understand branding, I get confused too often, but try to keep consistancy.

An example of good branding. Nike and the swoosh. Nike has a good font that can be added to anything, the Swoosh can be put anywhere and it's absolutely recognizable without Nike text.

Your logo is both, a graphic with 2 c's back to back. The blues seem to fade, I would use a dark outline for the C's to get them to stand out more. Outline with entire graphic with a darker outline boarder maybe too. I'm not a designer, but it seems to need some BLING to bring it out.
Old 05-14-2012, 04:46 PM

StableSolutions is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by callthatgirl View Post
What I have learned from logos (now that I pay attention daily), is that they should be strong to stand alone, without text from your company. They should be able to be recognized in a marketing flyer (for example) and people will see the logo and know it's your company.

I'm not a huge fan of text in logos, but as long as they are done right and you can add text later for marketing, that works for many I have noticed. Sometimes a good logo is just text...so it can be kind of hard to understand branding, I get confused too often, but try to keep consistancy.

An example of good branding. Nike and the swoosh. Nike has a good font that can be added to anything, the Swoosh can be put anywhere and it's absolutely recognizable without Nike text.

Your logo is both, a graphic with 2 c's back to back. The blues seem to fade, I would use a dark outline for the C's to get them to stand out more. Outline with entire graphic with a darker outline boarder maybe too. I'm not a designer, but it seems to need some BLING to bring it out.
+1 to this.

It's nice but throw an outline on the triangles or the C's for some clarity. You might just make the colors a sharper contrast to make it pop and get that flair in there.
Old 05-14-2012, 07:16 PM

Quote:

Maybe I liked it so much because of how much I paid the designer that made it lol.

Anyway, idk. I suck with things like this, but I fell in love with this one.

Perhaps I should setup a local focus group and see what the locals have to say?

Want to know what's new with Remote Support Tech Team? Want tips to help increase at counter sales after a repair?
Old 05-15-2012, 01:36 AM
VIP

callthatgirl is a jewel in the roughcallthatgirl is a jewel in the roughcallthatgirl is a jewel in the rough

Sure, or ask a bunch of strangers on the internet. Same results
Old 05-15-2012, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Sure, or ask a bunch of strangers on the internet. Same results
Hahaha yeah.

Maybe I just like saying focus group ....

Can a mod change the title to focus group

I kid I kid.