Go Back   Technibble Forums > Service Solutions > Remote Support

Technibble Sponsor

Old 05-13-2012, 11:54 PM

MyPCSolutions is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to MyPCSolutions

I just sent this to ScreenConnect, but I will also post this here too.

I just downloaded the trial version of ScreenConnect.

I currently have a dynamic IP address issued to my cable modem from my ISP. My cable modem is connected to my internal wireless router.

My internal wireless router is also configured to issue IP addresses via DHCP to my internal hosts including my SC Server machine (a Windows 7 box).

My business domain name is mypcsolutions.biz and is registered with GoDaddy.

I would like to create it so that my customers go to remote.mypcsolutions.biz which will take them to a mypcsolutions.biz/pages/remote.aspx which I will have an Iframe hosting the ScreenConnect user interface.
(I know I can use GoDaddy to redirect all this but I donít believe this solves the problem with SC and Dynamic address for the connection)

From there they can enter the code I give them to get a session of SC going.

I want to use FreeDNS (it is free) but I seem to be having a problem interpreting what I am supposed to do.

I want my clients to type in remote.mypcsolutions.biz to get to that page and of course be able to connect to a client while running Dynamic IPs for them and my SC server and from what I read I could use a little help to get this done.
Old 05-14-2012, 12:13 AM

bigdessert is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyPCSolutions View Post
I just sent this to ScreenConnect, but I will also post this here too.

I just downloaded the trial version of ScreenConnect.

I currently have a dynamic IP address issued to my cable modem from my ISP. My cable modem is connected to my internal wireless router.

My internal wireless router is also configured to issue IP addresses via DHCP to my internal hosts including my SC Server machine (a Windows 7 box).

My business domain name is mypcsolutions.biz and is registered with GoDaddy.

I would like to create it so that my customers go to remote.mypcsolutions.biz which will take them to a mypcsolutions.biz/pages/remote.aspx which I will have an Iframe hosting the ScreenConnect user interface.
(I know I can use GoDaddy to redirect all this but I donít believe this solves the problem with SC and Dynamic address for the connection)

From there they can enter the code I give them to get a session of SC going.

I want to use FreeDNS (it is free) but I seem to be having a problem interpreting what I am supposed to do.

I want my clients to type in remote.mypcsolutions.biz to get to that page and of course be able to connect to a client while running Dynamic IPs for them and my SC server and from what I read I could use a little help to get this done.
Fist thing is you are going to have to setup your windows 7 SC host as either static or make sure the dhcp address doesn't change. Then you need to setup the wireless router to port forward to that windows 7 ip address and the ports default should be 8040/8041 or whatever custom ports if you have chosen custom ports.

Next setup a freedns account that gives you a .com name pointing to your dynamic ip provided by your cable provider. You will also have to setup the freedns updater to make sure you ip address is always up to date.

Next you need to include your http://name.freedns.com:8040/ as an iframe into mypcsolutions.biz/pages/remote.aspx. Make sure your theme in SC is either "embedded" or some custom version of it.

Now at godaddy is where you setup the subdomain of remote.mypcsolutions.biz and have it redirect to mypcsolutions.biz/pages/remote.aspx.

That should be all it really takes. If you still have questions or problems I would give their support a call during business hours as they can help you.
Old 05-14-2012, 12:41 AM

MyPCSolutions is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to MyPCSolutions

Code:
Next you need to include your name.freedns.com:8040/ as an iframe into mypcsolutions.biz/pages/remote.aspx. Make sure your theme in SC is either "embedded" or some custom version of it.

Now at godaddy is where you setup the subdomain of remote.mypcsolutions.biz and have it redirect to mypcsolutions.biz/pages/remote.aspx.
Just as I thought, I kept thinking that the FreeDNS was doing this already but I knew it just wan't right.

Thank you.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:38 AM

4ycr has a spectacular aura about4ycr has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Skype™ to 4ycr

for those that use screen connect do you find the exe or msi file better for getting round anti virus software?

Looking to see what is the best as I know Norton blocks the exe file
Old 07-01-2012, 04:59 AM

silvano is on the way
Send a message via Yahoo to silvano

Quote:
Originally Posted by stro View Post
I switched to it several months ago, logmein rescue may have more features, but I have yet to think of one that I miss.

Overall SC is more simple, and easier for my users to get connected.
Any chance of PCRT integration?

It would be awesome if we could initiate and email a session from within PCRT.
Follow Geek Easy Computers on Facebook or Twitter also.
Old 07-08-2012, 03:46 AM

Easy Pc Repair is an unknown quantity at this point

I am new to the forums but I am currently trialing Screen Connect and i love it I am going to be purchasing it when i get the funds.

But i was wondering if there is a way to edit the entire guest webpage look i.e. how there is a black outline around the functioning parts of the guest page. Also I wanted to know if you can add a texture to the background.

Last edited by Easy Pc Repair; 07-08-2012 at 04:24 AM.
Old 07-08-2012, 11:23 PM

NetcomTech is on a distinguished road

I'm not sure how to do that, but I would imagine they would have something to say over at the screenconnect.com forums. http://forum.screenconnect.com/

HTH,
Eric
Old 07-09-2012, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetcomTech View Post
I'm not sure how to do that, but I would imagine they would have something to say over at the screenconnect.com forums.

HTH,
Eric
Thanks NetcomTech I forgot to give them a holler. I know im not on the right forum for this i know but I have been looking into themes for screen connect and they should have a 3rd party theme's section to share your configurations!
Old 07-09-2012, 08:03 AM

JustInTech is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Pc Repair View Post
Thanks NetcomTech I forgot to give them a holler. I know im not on the right forum for this i know but I have been looking into themes for screen connect and they should have a 3rd party theme's section to share your configurations!
Hi, you can edit the theme fairly easily via CSS and then you can also embed it in your website.

Take a look at my site: http://www.justintech.co.nz/services...emote-support/

I only know basic CSS but there's good info on the ScreenConnect site.

Cheers
Justin

Justin Prebensen
www.justintech.co.nz
Old 07-09-2012, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustInTech View Post
Hi, you can edit the theme fairly easily via CSS and then you can also embed it in your website.

Take a look at my site:

I only know basic CSS but there's good info on the ScreenConnect site.

Cheers
Justin
I am curious what are you using to have the drop down menus i.e. Terms and conditions and Is this session secure?

I like how you have that setup it looks good.