Go Back   Technibble Forums > Technical Discussions > Software Applications

Technibble Sponsor

Old 05-09-2012, 06:00 PM

brock029 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Client Management for Doctors Office

Just seeing if any one knows of any free or low cost client management applications for a doctors office, preferably geared towards a psychologist? I don't really have any specifics on what they might need its just an idea I have. thanks in advance.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:48 PM

'putertutor has a spectacular aura about'putertutor has a spectacular aura about

Not quite sure what 'low cost' means....

I work with a few treatment centers for teens with addiction issues and they use a service called BestNotes. At $200/month for up to 5 users, It's not what I would consider cheap, but its not very expensive either.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:08 PM

oldtech will become famous soon enough

Google "EMR" or "Free EMR" and you will find plenty to choose from. I'd do it for you but then I'd have to bill you....
Old 05-09-2012, 08:18 PM

YeOldeStonecat is a splendid one to beholdYeOldeStonecat is a splendid one to beholdYeOldeStonecat is a splendid one to beholdYeOldeStonecat is a splendid one to beholdYeOldeStonecat is a splendid one to beholdYeOldeStonecat is a splendid one to behold

Advice...don't get into recommending line of business software for clients ....let THEM get it from resources that THEY have (you don't have these resources)...such as trade magazines.

You recommend something..they purchase it..they hate it...they get pissed cuz you caused them time and money...who gets egg on their face?
Old 05-09-2012, 08:52 PM

brock029 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat View Post
Advice...don't get into recommending line of business software for clients ....let THEM get it from resources that THEY have (you don't have these resources)...such as trade magazines.

You recommend something..they purchase it..they hate it...they get pissed cuz you caused them time and money...who gets egg on their face?
I agree with you but desperate times call for desperate measures...so ill be honest on what my plan is. My fiance needs to see a therapist and the therapist I've been trying to contact all day (she missed my call and i missed hers and so on) seems to have a small clinic (no secretary or anything). So my idea is if her insurance doesn't cover it and I cant afford it then maybe we can trade my services for hers. If she already doesn't have a system in place but would like one then maybe I could find one/figure out how to use it/set it up/teach her how to use it, and also basically be an on call tech for her if I need to. This is just an idea though I don't know how bartering works in the computer/psychology fields. Back when I did concrete with my dad it was a fairly common practice. He traded doing concrete on a house for a $30,000 house lot and doing concrete for a guy who owns a camper/motor home lot and got a motor home out of it.

So I don't know if it sounds like a terrible idea but if the therapist is game then I am too.

Last edited by brock029; 05-09-2012 at 08:54 PM. Reason: fixin mah spellin
Old 05-11-2012, 07:41 PM

pcman2010 is on a distinguished road

Be careful with a doctor's office and your recommendations, look up HIPPA. There is new regulation being proposed to make the provider responsible, liable for any data breaches. I have a client that swears by webpt, but there is a monthly cost per doctor. Myself, I would stay away from "Free" software for a doctor's office. You don't need bundled in adware and crapware that is usually built into this stuff.
Old 05-12-2012, 12:57 AM

gikstar is on the way

Maybe you both need iPhones?