Go Back   Technibble Forums > General Computers > Guides, Tips and Tricks

  Technibble Sponsor

View Poll Results: Which would you like to see added?
More Antivirus 15 26.79%
More Diagnostics 26 46.43%
Ultimate Boot CD 10 17.86%
Hiren's Boot CD 16 28.57%
Live Ubuntu 8 14.29%
Symantec Ghost 6 10.71%
Win 7 PE 31 55.36%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #91  
Old 05-05-2012, 04:31 AM
neodavidshepherd neodavidshepherd is offline
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2
neodavidshepherd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashedbotatos View Post
This should get you up and PXE booting to a menu and have FOG running on a server.
I've been fighting with fog for two weeks now, and this is much appreciated... I've downloaded the server, but am wondering if there is a login and password I'm missing somewhere. I'D LOVE TO USE IT BUT CAN'T !!

I've been trying to get it running on centos 6.2, but as a full gui install, so maybe that's my problem. It runs, but when I go to upload or deploy, I get the can't connect to tftp server error. I've checked my passwords in all files and configs a thousand times, and can connect to the thing ftp, so I don't think the pw is the problem.

If you can get me a login and pw for your vhd, I'd love to try it. Maybe some instructions in your manual about it?

Love the manual... would make one for centos if I could get it to work!

Thanks,

David
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 05-06-2012, 04:45 PM
smashedbotatos's Avatar
smashedbotatos smashedbotatos is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 790
smashedbotatos has a spectacular aura aboutsmashedbotatos has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
If you can get me a login and pw for your vhd, I'd love to try it. Maybe some instructions in your manual about it?

Love the manual... would make one for centos if I could get it to work!

Thanks,

David
I am planning on doing an update soon. I have just been super busy, and this will be a separate guide for the VHD actually.

Uploading a 2.4GB vhd image along with prefs to my dropbox account. Compressed it is 690MB!

The log in credential are as follows.
For the OS, FTP, SSH, and sudo.
USERNAME - pxeadmin
PASSWORD - password

For the fog WEB GUI
USERNAME - fog
PASSWORD - password

The bottom one is used for the webui front end. http://<yourserverip>/fog/management
Please change these passwords!!!


The pxe menu and bg.png are mine personally....don't call me lol

The menu entries have to be added, but the menu and sub-menu is all there and working.

Last edited by smashedbotatos; 05-06-2012 at 04:47 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 05-09-2012, 05:33 AM
Benchtech Benchtech is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 710
Benchtech is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashedbotatos View Post
I am planning on doing an update soon. I have just been super busy, and this will be a separate guide for the VHD actually.

Uploading a 2.4GB vhd image along with prefs to my dropbox account. Compressed it is 690MB!

The log in credential are as follows.
For the OS, FTP, SSH, and sudo.
USERNAME - pxeadmin
PASSWORD - password

For the fog WEB GUI
USERNAME - fog
PASSWORD - password

The bottom one is used for the webui front end. http://<yourserverip>/fog/management
Please change these passwords!!!


The pxe menu and bg.png are mine personally....don't call me lol

The menu entries have to be added, but the menu and sub-menu is all there and working.
I really would like to try this with the new VHD let me know when it's ready!
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 05-09-2012, 06:06 PM
smashedbotatos's Avatar
smashedbotatos smashedbotatos is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 790
smashedbotatos has a spectacular aura aboutsmashedbotatos has a spectacular aura about
Default

I am starting the new VHD today with Ubuntu Server 12.04. Also Starting the new guide for the VHD and it will include the following.

Introduction - Explains Where and How to Get the Files Needed.

Chapter 1 - Installing, Configuring, and Running The VHD For the First Time.

Chapter 2 - A Quick Tutorial and Walkthrough Of The Fogproject Server and PXE Booting.

Chapter 3 - Customizing The PXE Boot Menu, and TFTPBOOT folder structure.

Chapter 4 - Adding Rescue Anti-Virus Disks

That will be all for now.
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 05-10-2012, 03:11 PM
NorthernSpares NorthernSpares is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Gateshead, England
Posts: 27
NorthernSpares is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

smashedbotatos again many thanks for your great work. I am looking forwards to the outcome and putting it into practice with your new guide!
__________________
Carl

Find me on Facebook
and Twitter
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 05-10-2012, 04:16 PM
Benchtech Benchtech is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 710
Benchtech is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashedbotatos View Post
I am starting the new VHD today with Ubuntu Server 12.04. Also Starting the new guide for the VHD and it will include the following.

Introduction - Explains Where and How to Get the Files Needed.

Chapter 1 - Installing, Configuring, and Running The VHD For the First Time.

Chapter 2 - A Quick Tutorial and Walkthrough Of The Fogproject Server and PXE Booting.

Chapter 3 - Customizing The PXE Boot Menu, and TFTPBOOT folder structure.

Chapter 4 - Adding Rescue Anti-Virus Disks

That will be all for now.
+1 for awesomeness filler
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 06-11-2012, 04:24 PM
Foxer Foxer is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4
Foxer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Good Job

Always good to see usefull information being posted for the community
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 07-19-2012, 10:31 AM
cooltech cooltech is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 131
cooltech is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

What about adding partedmagic?
http://partedmagic.com/doku.php
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 07-25-2012, 07:06 PM
cooltech cooltech is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 131
cooltech is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

Is this project still active?
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 08-01-2012, 09:54 PM
Euphoria Euphoria is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 13
Euphoria is an unknown quantity at this point
Default

THX SOO MUCH!!!

im search for do it exactly the same and find your tutorial! very complete.

See you.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Technibble.com is based out of MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA.