Go Back   Technibble Forums > Technical Discussions > Networking

Technibble Sponsor

Old 05-04-2012, 08:37 PM

knc can only hope to improve
Default recommendations (what do you use?) access points

I am looking into some new lines of access points (reliable and dependable) what units do you like?
Old 05-04-2012, 09:19 PM

bsil is an unknown quantity at this point

Just bought Aerohive for some of our buildings. They are pretty nice, and have some nice features built in. We mainly chose them because they are edge devices which will allow us to use them without rewiring anything in some of our older buildings for a while. The hive manager system has been pretty easy to navigate, and their tech support (walking us through setup), has been outstanding. When we did a demo before purchase, we set one unit up, and attached about 40 devices. We then streamed video on all the devices. The system performed very well. The units also talk to each other, and if one goes down they will automatically increase radio range, and try to fill the gap of the down unit until it is replaced. I suppose it os too soon to give a very accurate judgement, but what we have seen so far is nice.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:04 PM

YeOldeStonecat is a splendid one to beholdYeOldeStonecat is a splendid one to beholdYeOldeStonecat is a splendid one to beholdYeOldeStonecat is a splendid one to beholdYeOldeStonecat is a splendid one to beholdYeOldeStonecat is a splendid one to behold

Are you looking for single units to put at clients? Or are you looking for several APs that would cover a larger office? (in which case I'll suggest Ubiquiti Unifi http://www.ubnt.com/ )
Old 05-06-2012, 06:28 PM

colonydata is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat View Post
Are you looking for single units to put at clients? Or are you looking for several APs that would cover a larger office? (in which case I'll suggest Ubiquiti Unifi http://www.ubnt.com/ )
what's pricing like for those they look nice.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:38 PM

altrenda is a jewel in the roughaltrenda is a jewel in the roughaltrenda is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonydata View Post
what's pricing like for those they look nice.
from your closest distributor
http://www.doubleradius.com/Ubiquiti...s-Point-3-Pack
Old 05-08-2012, 03:23 AM

colonydata is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by altrenda View Post
sold out like quite a few of there distributors i looked at. wondering if that is a trend.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:58 AM

altrenda is a jewel in the roughaltrenda is a jewel in the roughaltrenda is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonydata View Post
sold out like quite a few of there distributors i looked at. wondering if that is a trend.
Once again, whats the point of having Distributors if they don't keep anything in stock?
I have to pay them for the privilege of having them order from the factory for me? Why doesn't the manufacturer sell direct and keep the markup themselves?