Go Back   Technibble Forums > Site Stuff > Site Issues, Requests and Suggestions

Technibble Sponsor

Old 04-30-2012, 02:49 AM

uprighttech is on a distinguished road
Default Rewording of Introduction Question

Is it just me or does the following question bother anyone else every time you read an Introduction post?

"Are you self looking to start a computer business, already have one, working for someone else or something else?"

It just does not read right at all to me. Not sure what "Are you self looking to start a computer business" means. I suggest something similar to the following:

"Are you currently running a computers business, looking to start one, working for someone else, or something different?"

Thoughts?
Old 04-30-2012, 05:03 AM

'putertutor has a spectacular aura about'putertutor has a spectacular aura about

I am not about sure what you are talking. It me looks fine to.
Old 04-30-2012, 05:19 AM

Eagle21 is on a distinguished road

I agree, "Are you self looking ..." is nonsense.

"Are you currently running a computers business, looking to start one, working for someone else, or something different?"
This is much better. But you could just read it literally and answer "Yes" without giving any information.

I suggest:
"Please describe whether you currently running your own computers business, looking to start your own business, or something else"
Old 05-03-2012, 10:59 AM

YeOldeStonecat is a splendid one to beholdYeOldeStonecat is a splendid one to beholdYeOldeStonecat is a splendid one to beholdYeOldeStonecat is a splendid one to beholdYeOldeStonecat is a splendid one to beholdYeOldeStonecat is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by uprighttech View Post
Is it just me or does the following question bother anyone else every time you read an Introduction post?

"Are you self looking to ..."
Agreed...incorrect grammar. Sounds like some butchered English attempted by a foreign spammer.
Old 01-18-2013, 04:09 AM

uprighttech is on a distinguished road

This is still like nails on a chalkboard to me every day. Help me out, Bryce!
Old 01-23-2013, 12:29 AM

Freedom PC Solutions is on a distinguished road

I have to agree. This should be changed to reflect that it was not written in India. If it was written by someone from India tech support I am very sorry.

Hello sir, let me introducing myself. I am Habeeb here to helping you fix pc your problem.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:14 AM
Administrator

Bryce W will become famous soon enough

Oops, that was me. My mind was probably thinking "Are you self employed" and "Are self looking to start a computer business" at the same time and ended up writing some combination of the two. Fixed now. Thanks for that.

For advertising rates, Technibble product support (questions, replacements etc..) please email: support [at] technibble.com
Old 01-23-2013, 04:20 AM

gikstar is on the way

And I have a problem with this:
Quote:
What country do you live in?
Country is Ok if it's out-of-the-USA, but I would love to know, if you are located in the United States, just which State that you are in. Heck, for that matter, I'd love to know in what City you have your place of business.

So why is that?
I would like to get to know other techs in the area who are smart enough to be in this forum and possibly work with them as things get busy. Other techs may have a skill-set that we don't have and visa-versa that we can share. We just hired a tech who spent the last 13 years at Nortel as a Sr System Engineer / Security System Engineer /Project Manager. We have him learning Connectwise and he loves the program.

Tags
not racist at all