Go Back   Technibble Forums > The Computer Repair Business > Business and Legal Issues

Technibble Sponsor

Old 05-01-2012, 08:53 PM

twincountycomputers is an unknown quantity at this point

get yourself an American Express and enroll in their membership rewards program.... $1 spent = 1 point, 10000 points equals $100 home depot gift card (or some other gift card if you want it).
PO Box 456
Woodlawn, Va 24381
30 Melrose Ln
Galax, Va
Old 05-02-2012, 12:50 AM

navigatorrs is an unknown quantity at this point

I have no idea who would not want a business credit card. I make everyone of my business purchases with my small business credit card. Every computer, every part anything related to my business. I even use it for my gas purchases. In turn i receive points for every dollar spent. Which i use to travel. I have not paid for a plan ticket in years because of my small business credit card. I pay off the balance every month in return i receive free plan tickets,meals,rental cars and many other things. Last year a spent around 65K on my card. I personally love the capital one small business card. It gives me triple reward points for all gasoline purchases. It is a no brainer for me!!!!
Old 05-02-2012, 04:54 AM

Appleby is on a distinguished road

I use a Chase Visa for business and I don't care what the interest rate is because I never, ever carry a balance for any reason. I get $500+ a year in cashback, which is just free money. I put every single thing I can on the card and pay it in full when the bill comes. I hate writing checks and the only business check I write now days is for my rent.

As for which card to use, just shop around between the difference Visa cards and see which one has the best rewards/cashback. I've got Visa and Discover for personal use and most places take Discover now days but it seems like a few don't, so I still mainly use the Visa.
Simply let your 'Yes' be 'Yes,' and your 'No,' 'No'; anything beyond this comes from the evil one. - Matthew 5:37
Old 05-02-2012, 07:59 AM

EnigmaTech is an unknown quantity at this point

+1 for Amex here too. We tend to use it for major purchases. Client pays up front. We get up to 55 days from Amex. Gives us extra cash flow.
we can charge 30k per month on the card so the rewards add up very very fast!

Tom
Old 05-02-2012, 02:15 PM

colonydata is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by navigatorrs View Post
I have no idea who would not want a business credit card. I make everyone of my business purchases with my small business credit card. Every computer, every part anything related to my business. I even use it for my gas purchases. In turn i receive points for every dollar spent. Which i use to travel. I have not paid for a plan ticket in years because of my small business credit card. I pay off the balance every month in return i receive free plan tickets,meals,rental cars and many other things. Last year a spent around 65K on my card. I personally love the capital one small business card. It gives me triple reward points for all gasoline purchases. It is a no brainer for me!!!!
are you in the US, are you using your personal car? my accountant said its a much better deal to pay for gas out of your personal accounts and then take the irs 55 cents a mile reimbursement rate.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:03 PM

HCHTech will become famous soon enough

Be careful to track those rewards, though. In the US at least, it is a taxable benefit if you use rewards earned on a business card for personal expenses. This may be under the IRS' radar, but if you happen to get audited you may be in for an unpleasant surprise.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:41 PM

computerdoctor is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Amex

If you're going to do it, do it with American Express where if you don't turn right around and pay, they'll cut you off, as opposed to Visa/MC/Discover who enable you to *Slide by* this month and then you're way over your head.
Old 05-03-2012, 03:39 AM

uprighttech is on a distinguished road

Thanks everyone! Y'all have given me some good things to think about and look into. I'll try to update this thread and let you know what we went with and how it is working out at some point.

Tags
credit, credit card, financial, purchase