Go Back   Technibble Forums > General Computers > General Computer Chit-Chat

Technibble Sponsor

Old 05-02-2012, 11:52 PM

coffee has a spectacular aura aboutcoffee has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Skype™ to coffee
Smile Just picked up a Samsung Galaxy S blaze.

This is my first smart phone. I had to get rid of my sprint phone as the bill for 2 phones (1-unlimited, other limited calling) was hitting 188 bucks a month! Got TMobile service and I really enjoy it better and the bill is alot less expensive.

Now I understand the draw to smartphones. This thing is pretty cool. I havent had a lot of time investigating it but I can say that I like the Android system alot so far. Got one for my wife too! She is amazed at the options and what-all you can do with it.

Times are changing arent they?

www.renuecomputers.com
Old 05-03-2012, 12:44 PM

Ok, I can tell from the responses that Im behind the curve on smartphones. But Im catching up fast.

The Galaxy II blaze mounted with no problems on Fedora 15. Made a directory on it for videos and transfered a small one I made for linux to it. Recognized it and played it right away. With some rebates I got the phone free from TMobile. My monthly isnt bad for 2 of these things either as I said in the last post.

My question for those you that answer calls while in the car, Can you hook these things up to the car radio system so that you can talk on the phone thru the radio?

My buick has a input jack I assume for accessing music I guess. I looked at the pdf on my buick radio but its not too informative about it. I know a friend of mine uses her GPS unit in the car to answer and make calls so its basically hands free after you dial.

Any thoughts anyone?

coffee

www.renuecomputers.com
Old 05-03-2012, 01:02 PM

anglian is an unknown quantity at this point

I just use a bluetooth earpice for calls in car, if your radio has bluetooth it might work through that.

Don't worry too much about saving money, you will soon get addicted to buying apps, it's just too easy when they are so cheap.
Old 05-03-2012, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglian View Post
I just use a bluetooth earpice for calls in car, if your radio has bluetooth it might work through that.

Don't worry too much about saving money, you will soon get addicted to buying apps, it's just too easy when they are so cheap.
Thanks for the reply. I might check into a bluetooth earpiece and see. Still it would be nice to talk thru the radio

I havent really investigated the apps yet. Im sure Ill get there!

thanks

www.renuecomputers.com
Old 05-03-2012, 02:22 PM

angry_geek is a jewel in the roughangry_geek is a jewel in the roughangry_geek is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to angry_geek

You may want to check on your local and state regulations. A lot of states and municipalities either already have or are in the process of enacting laws requiring hands free devices while in your car.