Go Back   Technibble Forums > Advertising & Marketing > Advertising, Marketing & Sales

Technibble Sponsor

Old 05-01-2012, 07:33 PM

LukeD is on a distinguished road
Default Soliciting Facebook Likes

I don’t want this thread to turn into whether or not Facebook is a valuable marketing tool. My personal opinion is that it should be part of everyone’s marketing strategy and is reinforced by Callthatgirl and her almost 3000 Facebook fans

I am struggling to just to get my own 50+ family members on Facebook to like my business page, what’s the secret? I know it takes time but any other tips other than at the bottom of blog posts, emails, etc?

I get tons of clicks on Facebook when I post a blog post, I have like buttons on every blog post, I ask for likes…..what am I doing wrong other than waiting?
Old 05-01-2012, 08:18 PM

papuchazo is on a distinguished road

Not to point out the obvious but I would defo buy her social media book. I'm in the same boat and I'm going to but it pretty soon.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:19 PM

dgiles79 is on a distinguished road

I offer $5 off their first service if they like my page. I only have 80 likes, but it seems to help.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:20 PM

14049752 has a spectacular aura about14049752 has a spectacular aura about

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/facebook_likes
Old 05-01-2012, 08:26 PM

Xander is a jewel in the roughXander is a jewel in the roughXander is a jewel in the roughXander is a jewel in the rough

When you send a Thank You email after you've serviced a system, include a link and ask for it. Give them an option for FB, Google Places, Yelp, etc.; whatever is most convenient to them.

New here? Watch this and read this. Remember, it's not our problem, it's yours so ask your questions well.
e.g. Make/Model#, Win version/SP#, BSOD 0x#. Consider posting Event Viewer logs, Autoruns exports or Speccy reports.
More info means better answers and less snark.

Don't be parasitic and only pose your own questions. Help others.

D7 question/idea/etc? Bring it to the D7 Forums.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:26 PM

Slaters Kustum Machines is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14049752 View Post
lol, that is hilarious and has value to it.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:46 PM

Parkwaytech is on a distinguished road

In my mind the clicks are more valuable. I haven't ever gone to a friend's Facebook page to see what they liked. What matters is how many people visit the page and your click through. That keeps you top of mind, and should be much more useful than a lot of random people liking your page. I'm not saying likes are bad, but what you have currently sounds like the goal.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:36 PM

Velvis is an unknown quantity at this point

Does a Facebook page really generate income?
I find it kinda cheesy myself and I'm not sure it would generate good quality customers.

I mean do people who need a virus removal really care about blog posts about computer related stuff?

I guess I feel the same way about SEO tactics of posting endless blog posts about malware that don't really interest any one.

I also feel anyone with average intelligence can see through the whole "like" thing as being nothing more than a click from a friend.
I would think a recommendation would be much better.

Just my 2 cents
Old 05-02-2012, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkwaytech View Post
In my mind the clicks are more valuable. I haven't ever gone to a friend's Facebook page to see what they liked. What matters is how many people visit the page and your click through. That keeps you top of mind, and should be much more useful than a lot of random people liking your page. I'm not saying likes are bad, but what you have currently sounds like the goal.
The clicks are because I post it to my business page first then since I like my own page I see it in my news feed, I then share the link so all my friends see it in their news feeds, some are even re-sharing to their friends. The reason you want people to like your page is so when you post it shows up in their news feed, it's like being a friend of your business

Also I have the social media ebook

Thanks for the feedback so far
Old 05-02-2012, 02:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvis View Post
Does a Facebook page really generate income?
I find it kinda cheesy myself and I'm not sure it would generate good quality customers.

I mean do people who need a virus removal really care about blog posts about computer related stuff?

I guess I feel the same way about SEO tactics of posting endless blog posts about malware that don't really interest any one.

I also feel anyone with average intelligence can see through the whole "like" thing as being nothing more than a click from a friend.
I would think a recommendation would be much better.

Just my 2 cents
You need to read some marketing books. If people know like and trust you then they use and recommend you.

The whole point is so people remember you when they (or their friend or family member) have a problem. You've positioned yourself as the local authority by your regular relevant posts and will be the first person they remember and recommend when the need arises.

Blog posts keeps your website content fresh and google,bing, etc will rank you higher in organic searches if the content is valuable and key worded for your potential clients relevant searches

Ignoring and not using Facebook as a marketing tool is foolish at best IMO