Go Back   Technibble Forums > Other Discussions > General Chat

Technibble Sponsor

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-01-2012, 02:28 AM

angry_geek is a jewel in the roughangry_geek is a jewel in the roughangry_geek is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to angry_geek
Angry Do you hate the cable company as much as I do?

We haven't been able to send or receive faxes from our billing company since the 25th. No one bothered to tell me this piece of information until I was finally able to take my lunch at 2:30 this afternoon. Urghhh! After 2 hours of troubleshooting this afternoon, I discover the line is hot at the NID, but not inside my building. I can't get a tone on the cable at all. Back outside, I decide to try a different pair of wires inside the cable. That's when the twisted severed end of the cable came out of the wall. As I stand there pondering this, I can't help but wonder why the mouse only chewed this cable and not the other 3 right next to it. That's when it hits me! Mediacom was here on the 25th, and the tech drilled a hole right next to these cables. He obviously got the cable wrapped around his drill bit and severed it. Now you may think it was an honest mistake, and I would tend to agree. However, this tech had the presence of mind to cram the twisted broken end of cable back through the hole in some feeble attempt to hide the evidence. What dude, did you honestly think we wouldn't notice if we all of a sudden had no phones? So, I had to run another 150 feet of cable through the attic and down the wall and out to the NID. I tallied my time. Mediacom (the local cable company) racked up a $525 bill tonight, which I will be sending them.

Loring is angry! Tomorrow, there will be hell to pay for this numbnuts!

Last edited by angry_geek; 05-01-2012 at 02:35 AM. Reason: typo