Go Back   Technibble Forums > Advertising & Marketing > Website Development & SEO

Technibble Sponsor

Old 04-28-2012, 11:30 PM

angry_geek is a jewel in the roughangry_geek is a jewel in the roughangry_geek is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to angry_geek
Default Another site to critique

Ok all, keep in mind I really hate web development, and I'm not all that great at it. I don't have much up there yet other than sample content and a couple of other things. Let me know if I'm on the right track, and give me some suggestions. Also, if you can, try it on your mobile devices. Once I get this one down, I'm going to use the same layout for our other businesses and sites. The Computer Doctor page is my laboratory as we don't depend on a lot of site traffic there.

Edit: aw phooey! Forgot the link. http://www.doctor-geek.com

Old 04-28-2012, 11:34 PM

14049752 has a spectacular aura about14049752 has a spectacular aura about

I'm not fond of how large the graphic section is. You can achieve the same message cutting it in half and strategically cropping your images.

I'd also use the white space to the right of your logo to show your phone number.
Old 04-28-2012, 11:41 PM

angry_geek is a jewel in the roughangry_geek is a jewel in the roughangry_geek is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14049752 View Post
I'm not fond of how large the graphic section is. You can achieve the same message cutting it in half and strategically cropping your images.

I'd also use the white space to the right of your logo to show your phone number.
Good tips. Implementing now!

Old 04-29-2012, 05:15 PM

PCX is just really nicePCX is just really nicePCX is just really nicePCX is just really nice

Its a great start and a nice template. The first thing that jumped at at me is the logo. Compared to your site, it looks pretty dated. You may want to consider revamping it and bringing it up to date.

Did you run a FULL diagnostic?

Are you tired of getting defective iPhone screens? Try eTech. We used to send back boxes of defective iPhone screens to WGP, now we rarely get them.

"The smartest and most successful people in the world are those who surround themselves with smarter and more successful people than themselves"
Old 04-29-2012, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCX View Post
Its a great start and a nice template. The first thing that jumped at at me is the logo. Compared to your site, it looks pretty dated. You may want to consider revamping it and bringing it up to date.
I thought of that, but it may have to wait. My logo carries a lot of recognition around here.

Old 04-29-2012, 06:13 PM

PCX is just really nicePCX is just really nicePCX is just really nicePCX is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_geek View Post
I thought of that, but it may have to wait. My logo carries a lot of recognition around here.
That's why I said revamp. Revamp does not necessarily mean change it completely. Keep the same concept, but make it look prettier. Make it glossier, smoother, maybe upgrade the tech guy. Keep the concept so that it is still recognizable, but upgrade it a bit to make it look more up to date. Businesses do this all time.

Did you run a FULL diagnostic?

Are you tired of getting defective iPhone screens? Try eTech. We used to send back boxes of defective iPhone screens to WGP, now we rarely get them.

"The smartest and most successful people in the world are those who surround themselves with smarter and more successful people than themselves"
Old 04-29-2012, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCX View Post
That's why I said revamp. Revamp does not necessarily mean change it completely. Keep the same concept, but make it look prettier. Make it glossier, smoother, maybe upgrade the tech guy. Keep the concept so that it is still recognizable, but upgrade it a bit to make it look more up to date. Businesses do this all time.
Ah yes. I'll begin in that soon.

Old 04-29-2012, 06:49 PM

YOCS will become famous soon enough

I like it. Simple, clean. Looks good and loads fast on my my HTC Thunderbolt using Dolphin browser.
Old 04-30-2012, 05:52 PM

molebo is an unknown quantity at this point

Not bad, but I see a pile of dusty cases in your virtualization page, it's not looking good... I know you explain you can replace all them with the Dell server, but this one also don't look professional on a cheap wire rack, if you can find a pic with a server rack, it will look way better. My 2 cents.

Last edited by molebo; 04-30-2012 at 08:34 PM.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:31 PM

Ryanc is an unknown quantity at this point

I like the simplistic design. But how does your site benefit me if I am visiting it? It is all about you, make it more about the user and what you can do for them.