Go Back   Technibble Forums > Other Discussions > General Chat

Technibble Sponsor

Old 04-27-2012, 06:23 PM

angry_geek is a jewel in the roughangry_geek is a jewel in the roughangry_geek is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to angry_geek
Default Things That Don't Enjoy a Good Cup of Coffe:

My favorite wireless Logitech Keyboard of all time (Cordless Desktop MX3000) sitting at MY desk connected to MY Server '08 Workstation!

This is one of those moments when I really want to yell at and beat the responsible party for this catastrophe! The problem is I'm the one who did it! Urghhh!

On one hand, though, that coffee caused the workstation to go absolutely crazy. I've never seen that many things open so quickly. Conclusion: Caffeine may have some stimulating effects on i5 CPU's.

Old 04-27-2012, 06:49 PM

Vicenarian has a spectacular aura aboutVicenarian has a spectacular aura about

Ouch! Good thing it wasn't Starbucks; might have caused more damage.
2 Corinthians 5:21 "For God made Christ, who never sinned, to be the offering for our sin (by dying in our place), so that we could be made right with God through Christ."
Old 04-27-2012, 07:04 PM

cyabro will become famous soon enough

Speaking of spills

Had a customer come into the shop about a month ago with an HP laptop complaining that it wasn't working properly and wouldn't shut down.
He left it with us.
On inspection we found that it was drenched in red wine however the customer didn't even mention that they had spilt red wine on it!
Anyway after cleaning it up the laptop was stuffed and not worth repairing.
We sold him a new one and sent him on his way.
Fast forward to last week and this same customer comes back into the shop.
He says the laptop screen is displaying the image upside down.
No problem we'll take a quick look as you've probably just hit a key combo to rotate it. Then the customer says "and this laptop doesn't like red wine either."
We thought he was joking but no he had spilt red wine again onto the brand new laptop!
Not as much this time as we managed to clean it out and everything works except the keyboard.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:31 PM

MotzTech has a spectacular aura aboutMotzTech has a spectacular aura about

This is why the only liquid I keep around my computer is in a sport bottle. Guess you really can't do that with coffee, but I don't drink it so it's fine for me. I don't know how many times I have turned down something to drink when I was at someones location fixing a computer. I have never and will never drink around a customers machines, just to risky! It's funny though, i have a old g15 that got coke spilled on it once (years ago) and it works fine to this day.

I remember when I worked at a big box store, a customer said their brand new desktop would not work. We open it up, and the entire inside of the computer is covered in dried coffee. I'm not even sure how she managed to get so much coffee in the machine! We know it did not come like that because we did some in store services before she brought it home. Somehow she managed to get a refund on it!