Go Back   Technibble Forums > The Computer Repair Business > Business and Legal Issues

Technibble Sponsor

Old 04-24-2012, 12:14 PM

ell will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglian View Post
The jobs I had in last week, it feels like I am doing the same.
me too, what a backwards week!
Old 04-24-2012, 12:37 PM

Hello is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkwaytech View Post
I won't share actual numbers here, but we did five figures our first two years and have done six figures (revenue) our last two with profits increasing substantially each year.

A quick question to callthatgirl. I assume you find that retail is still working well for you with three shops and plans to open more? Just wondering since some say it is dying out.
How many employees do you have?
Old 04-24-2012, 02:19 PM

SprinterTech-WI is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to SprinterTech-WI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkwaytech View Post
I won't share actual numbers here, but we did five figures our first two years and have done six figures (revenue) our last two with profits increasing substantially each year.

A quick question to callthatgirl. I assume you find that retail is still working well for you with three shops and plans to open more? Just wondering since some say it is dying out.
I think if you have a shop you HAVE to capitalize on other things than just computers (being cell phones or tv's or printing etc...) anyways for us computer repair is getting bigger as we get better known, but cell phone repair is up and so is TV repair.... board level esp.
Retail stores in Stevens Point, Wausau, and Wisconsin Rapids WI
www.SprinterTech.us
www.Facebook.com/SprinterTech

ALL IT USA LLC
Nationwide Enterprise Level Rollouts and Installations

You or someone you know need Charter Commercial or residential? Referrals pay $$ 715-204-4040
Old 04-24-2012, 07:01 PM

MotzTech will become famous soon enough

Just ran across this quote on linkedin, felt it was appropriate here

Quote:
Being an entrepreneur is about living a few years of your life like most won't, so that you can live the rest like most can't.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:17 PM

PCX is just really nicePCX is just really nicePCX is just really nicePCX is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotzTech View Post
Just ran across this quote on linkedin, felt it was appropriate here
That is so true. Good quote.

Before you decided to post your problems on the forums, did you run a FULL diagnostic?

Be willing to do what your competition is not.

"The smartest and most successful people in the world are those who surround themselves with smarter and more successful people than themselves"
Old 04-24-2012, 09:55 PM

Parkwaytech is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hello View Post
How many employees do you have?
I've got just me right now. We had three employees at one point (one part time), but I found I didn't need them after we made a few changes to the business. The fewer people employed the better. If you need, really need, hire. But I learned I could wait a lot longer than I thought before I hire. After fine tuning my business I'm working half the hours I did with double the profit. Now I have time to invest in new ideas and business improvements. If we open up a store again then I'll have to hire at least one person.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:59 PM

callthatgirl is a jewel in the roughcallthatgirl is a jewel in the roughcallthatgirl is a jewel in the rough

Right now I have 15 on payroll and have 3 contractors and 1 interns. I need a operations manager and a personal assistant. Goals for 3rd quarter.

I don't think we are considered "retail" as we don't sell anything, we just have a store front location for the drop offs. All calls we take are interviewed first for remote support, then we do onsite and drop off as needed.

WOW
Being an entrepreneur is about living a few years of your life like most won't, so that you can live the rest like most can't.

This rings so true for me. I feel beat up daily. I know the payoff is coming, just not sure when. I chuckled writing that because I know I have more years of this to go through before the living gets better.
Old 04-24-2012, 11:44 PM

Parkwaytech is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the reply, callthatgirl! I guess I really need to get your book.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:38 PM

Hello is an unknown quantity at this point

Would you say would you have an easier time if you had the resource(funding) to invest for whatever the business needs?

I just heard about a guy who runs 6 computer repair shops and he takes home $250k a year. That seems a bit absurd to me
Old 04-25-2012, 04:41 PM

PCX is just really nicePCX is just really nicePCX is just really nicePCX is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hello View Post
Would you say would you have an easier time if you had the resource(funding) to invest for whatever the business needs?

I just heard about a guy who runs 6 computer repair shops and he takes home $250k a year. That seems a bit absurd to me
How does that sound absurd? We will probably profit 40-50k this year on our one shop alone . . . why could you not make 250K on 6 in 6 different locations.

Before you decided to post your problems on the forums, did you run a FULL diagnostic?

Be willing to do what your competition is not.

"The smartest and most successful people in the world are those who surround themselves with smarter and more successful people than themselves"