Go Back   Technibble Forums > Site Stuff > Repair Tool of the Week Suggestions

Technibble Sponsor

Old 04-22-2012, 09:40 PM

tek9 will become famous soon enough

I just installed this (the app, not the iso) and it's causing my cpu temps to spike like crazy. Is this normal?
By the way: I was actually looking for Driverpacks, and trying to download the installer for them, so I shouldn't have to go the slipstreaming route, but for some reason, it wouldn't download from Mediafire. So, while looking for an alternate, I came upon Driverpack Solution.
Does anybody know of a way to download the Driverpacks standalone installer other than Mediafire?
Old 04-23-2012, 03:34 AM

Tekguy is on a distinguished road

The original Driverpacks.net is still being supported, they just changed the download method to torrent only for the drivers to save on bandwidth costs. I thought they closed down also until recently.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:20 AM

coreyspeed is an unknown quantity at this point

This app uses the Driverpacks.net files, http://driverpacks.net/docs/driverpack-solution. Works well from what i have seen. I think that it changes the oem support information to its detials.
Old 04-23-2012, 11:03 AM

atlanticjim is on a distinguished road

I have been using DriverPaks for a while, sometimes I just use the network card and then download the updated drivers from the manufacturer's website. I only update them about once a year or so.

DriverPak Solution I installed on a test machine of mine and promptly uninstalled it. For some reason it installed in яussian and my яussian is kind of яusty. It also installed a browser hijack and toolbar. Just the idea that they would bundle it together made me question their integrity. So now I just use the native driver search function with my disks.
Old 04-23-2012, 04:03 PM

uprighttech is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreyspeed View Post
I think that it changes the oem support information to its detials.
Yep, I just gave it a spin last week after seeing it mentioned in a thread on here. It changed the Manufacturer name and OEM logo in the System Properties screen. That was all that I needed to see. Will not use it again.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:14 PM

Avgsmoe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by uprighttech View Post
Yep, I just gave it a spin last week after seeing it mentioned in a thread on here. It changed the Manufacturer name and OEM logo in the System Properties screen. That was all that I needed to see. Will not use it again.
With version 12 that option was enabled by default, but it can be disabled with a few clicks.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:33 PM

PCX is just really nicePCX is just really nicePCX is just really nicePCX is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avgsmoe View Post
With version 12 that option was enabled by default, but it can be disabled with a few clicks.
I suggest using SAD2 with the lastest driver packs from driverpacks.net. Search their forums for more details.

Before you decided to post your problems on the forums, did you run a FULL diagnostic?

Be willing to do what your competition is not.

"The smartest and most successful people in the world are those who surround themselves with smarter and more successful people than themselves"
Old 05-02-2012, 07:47 AM

coreyspeed is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avgsmoe View Post
please can you explain how to do this ?
Old 05-02-2012, 05:34 PM

buddytohelpu is an unknown quantity at this point

Going to check this out and report my findings.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:04 PM

Galdorf will become famous soon enough

I tried this out something odd happened to an old system i had lying around the hd was zeroed after installing xp from original ms xp home oem disk then the drivers the system crashed then after checking the boot sector code looks like some sort of rootkit, going to analyze the code to see what it's doing.