Go Back   Technibble Forums > Other Discussions > General Chat

Technibble Sponsor

Old 04-21-2012, 01:04 AM

phaZed has a spectacular aura aboutphaZed has a spectacular aura about

Not to flame on iPhone and their Apps "just working", but I have never had any problems with apps not working on my HTC Evo 4g and Evo3d

Aaron Heidlebaugh
Computer Technician / Owner
www.AaronsPCSupport.com
804-307-4465 (Call or Text)
Laptop LCD repair | DC Power Jack Repair | Virus Removal
Desktop Repair | Hardware | Software | Troubleshooting
Old 04-21-2012, 01:35 AM

shutupdonnie is an unknown quantity at this point

my provider is at&t if that makes any difference. i'm trying to keep it in the $50-$100 range. anything good with windows phones?
Old 04-21-2012, 01:41 AM

angry_geek is a jewel in the roughangry_geek is a jewel in the roughangry_geek is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to angry_geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutupdonnie View Post
my provider is at&t if that makes any difference. i'm trying to keep it in the $50-$100 range. anything good with windows phones?
Atrix. Great device.

Old 04-21-2012, 02:01 AM

'putertutor has a spectacular aura about'putertutor has a spectacular aura about

I picked up an iPhone 4s a couple of months ago and don't know how I survived without it. It works great, I use siri all the time, and I have yet to pay for an app, at least not one that my daughter hasn't forced me to through incessant begging.

My coworker has a droid, and I've played with it (really not much more than "Hey let me check out that phone" for a few minutes) ad I still think I like my iphone better.
Old 04-21-2012, 03:03 AM

uprighttech is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutupdonnie View Post
I am an iPhone user all the way. Love my iPhone. But since you inquired about Windows phones...Through tomorrow (April 21), you can get a Nokia Lumia 900 effectively for free as they are giving a $100 credit on your AT&T bill. The phone has received some really nice reviews, but Microsoft is trying to play catch-up from way behind.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/04/03/n...ia-900-review/
Old 04-21-2012, 06:51 AM

anglian is an unknown quantity at this point

Definately the iPhone
As already mentioned. It just works.
Build quality is fantastic.
Old 04-21-2012, 08:51 AM

Lpusedyou is an unknown quantity at this point
Default iPhone

Going to have to put in my two cents and say the iPhone is a great phone. I've had every one of them since the 3G and have been very happy with the result. However, if I were to make a recommendation to a brand new smartphone user I would say wait for the iPhone 5 or just get the iPhone 4. Going from the 4 to the 4S was barely noticeable at all. In fact, if it weren't for Siri I probably would have thought Apple lied and sold us all the same exact phone!

Haha but in all seriousness it just isn't worth the price difference in my opinion (in relation to the 4). The great thing about them is that they hold their value pretty good. I have only ever had to pay out of pocket for my first iPhone. Every one of them since then has been paid for by selling the previous model on craigslist.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:02 AM
Administrator

Martyn has a spectacular aura aboutMartyn has a spectacular aura about

The Iphone is a nice solid build and I was agonising what to go to next from my Blackberry. I used to have a Iphone 3G and currently have have an Ipad which I use for most app type needs and a Blackberry for calls. I always like to go for something different so i can to spread my wings and learn something new. I get a few calls and conversations on how to do things with phones like get emails and I have virtually no experience of Android phones so [I] went to the O2 shop this last week and discussed a new phone. I don't need 1000s of minutes and when I looked at the minutes plan I wanted a Samsung Galaxy 2 was free and the Iphone 4S was 250 so I now have a Galaxy and pay 21 per month instead of 37 per month.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:36 AM

anglian is an unknown quantity at this point

I try to avoid the contract phones.
Have been using giffgaff for a while now, 10/month = unlimited data & text + 250 mins calls. And it uses the O2 network, so very reliable.
Bought my iPhones in Belgium, where they are not allowed to lock people into contracts with the offers of cheap phones, and all phones are available at reasonable prices unlocked.
Old 04-21-2012, 11:00 AM

atlanticjim is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lpusedyou View Post
Going to have to put in my two cents and say the iPhone is a great phone. I've had every one of them since the 3G and have been very happy with the result. However, if I were to make a recommendation to a brand new smartphone user I would say wait for the iPhone 5 or just get the iPhone 4. Going from the 4 to the 4S was barely noticeable at all. In fact, if it weren't for Siri I probably would have thought Apple lied and sold us all the same exact phone!
I have never been a huge fan of Apple but I have to say I do love my iPhone 4. Agree that the 4S was just a hoax.

As far as paying for apps, I have occasionally paid .99 for an app and rarely paid $2.99 to $5.99. It is really not going to break the bank if I even use it for one day and decide I don't like it. I bought a better calendar for $4.99 and the next week the IOS update had a calendar I liked even better. No problem

The apps I like the best. Teamviewer for iPhone, I can actually help clients from the side of the road. Pandora. Square. Amazon. GasBuddy. ActionMovie.

Last edited by atlanticjim; 04-21-2012 at 11:04 AM.