Go Back   Technibble Forums > General Computers > Guides, Tips and Tricks

Technibble Sponsor

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 11:36 PM

Mr.Mike is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander View Post
Hi, Brian,

You've just made my point stronger, Brian, by pointing out two threads that, OMG!, are just links back to your site.
Can you point to any threads since you've joined where you have not just linked back to your site and actually contributed to an ongoing discussion? Any?

Thanks,

Best regards,

Happy returns,

Let me add my name for no good reason,

Xander

Edit: as for "stay on topic", the feedback you're asking for is: "Please stop using TN for SEO purposes."
I am reminded of that "Computer Professor" dude that showed up a few months ago bringing his wisdom to us all by describing how best to introduce windows to end users. Remember that?
Old 04-14-2012, 11:53 PM
Banned

Brian12 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander View Post
Hi, Brian,
Can you point to any threads since you've joined where you have not just linked back to your site and actually contributed to an ongoing discussion? Any?

Happy returns,

Let me add my name for no good reason,

Xander
Hi Xander,

Do you know how ridiculous you sound? I'm not obligated to contribute to any discussion.

I'll ask you once more, can you please stay on topic? Thanks

Last edited by Brian12; 04-14-2012 at 11:55 PM.
Old 04-15-2012, 12:08 AM

Xander is a jewel in the roughXander is a jewel in the roughXander is a jewel in the rough

Your topic is "feedback". I'm providing it to you.

You're not obligated to contribute to any discussion. Similarly, nobody is obligated to respect your choice to do so.

No, you're not obligated to think only of yourself and avoid contributing to anyone else's threads. But, hey, you've accomplished that. You have succeeded in posting newbie tutorials on a repair professional's forum and then looking to increase your site traffic by asking for "feedback" on tips like "run hitman or format".
Old 04-15-2012, 12:11 AM

altrenda is a jewel in the roughaltrenda is a jewel in the roughaltrenda is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian12 View Post
Hi guys,

I wrote a new guide: http://www.selectrealsecurity.com/remove-ransomware

I would appreciate any feedback.
Brian, I think you are talented at combining and assembling content found on the web in an attractive package. Even with the omissions and incorrect information, it's presented in a pleasing way that many inexperienced users would find helpful. If they run into problems, there are many other sites or professional technicians available to straighten them out.

I think you're missing an opportunity, though. You should submit your "writing" to eHow.com and turn it into a career. http://www.demandstudios.com/ehow-writers.html

On topic enough?
Old 04-15-2012, 12:23 AM

Mr.Mike is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by altrenda View Post
I think you're missing an opportunity, though. You should submit your "writing" to eHow.com and turn it into a career. http://www.demandstudios.com/ehow-writers.html

On topic enough?
Well said. If the OP did produce that Ransomeware article, there are other, more appropriate places where he could submit his work for feedback.
Old 04-15-2012, 01:21 AM
Banned

Hi altrenda,

Thank you, but I'm not interested in submitting my work to eHow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by altrenda View Post
Even with the omissions and incorrect information, it's presented in a pleasing way that many inexperienced users would find helpful.
Can you please point out the "omissions and incorrect information?"
Old 04-15-2012, 05:21 AM

PaulRome is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian12 View Post
Can you please point out the "omissions and incorrect information?"
To use hitmanpro to remove any infection you have to use the one time activation, which then leaves a nag screen on startup. You can tell your readers how to remove that.

Also most bits of ranson/scareware will move your start links and hide your desktop icons. Not telling your readers how to fix this issue is an injustice since they will have a computer that they won't know what to do with.

And these usually will come bundled with a rootkit and/or backdoor trojan. Having your readers believe that they are safe because the obvious infection is gone is extremely unethical.
Old 04-15-2012, 04:39 PM
Banned

Hi Paul,

Thanks. I appreciate your input.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulRome View Post
And these usually will come bundled with a rootkit and/or backdoor trojan. Having your readers believe that they are safe because the obvious infection is gone is extremely unethical.
I added a mention to my malware removal guide.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:43 PM
Administrator

Bryce W will become famous soon enough

Closing this. The articles target end users, it touches on our no advertising rules and since these articles are being developed to help end users, it takes away work from computer technicians.
Owner and Founder of Technibble - If you have a problem with any user, they are flaming/being elitist/making snide comments etc.. Press the report button which is on the top right of every post. This will highlight the post in an admin area for staff to see and deal with.

For adminly tasks such as username changes, moving threads etc.. please contact Martyn

Check out Technibbles twitter: http://www.twitter.com/technibble
Closed Thread

Tags
backlink spam reported, flog your blog, guide, malware, ransomware