Go Back   Technibble Forums > General Computers > Tech-to-Tech Computer Help

Technibble Sponsor

Old 04-08-2012, 09:24 AM

Captain Spaulding is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficeTechs View Post
i wouldnt pay in excess of 500 either, my ipad 2 was 379.

I dont see how they have 600 photos on their ipad that they have NEVER synced, but hey I dont have the device in my hands.

Did you even download the DiskAid trial, you can access the file system direct on the iDevice.
The new iPad 3 is in excess of even 600 for some models.

They did sync 600 photos but that was to their old laptop which was stolen. I'll download the trial and see if it works.
Old 04-08-2012, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Spaulding View Post
The new iPad 3 is in excess of even 600 for some models.

They did sync 600 photos but that was to their old laptop which was stolen. I'll download the trial and see if it works.
Just installed the trial, the photos only show the camera roll, I can access the file system but I've no idea what would need to be copied to th PC to get the other photos over?
Old 04-08-2012, 09:28 AM

OfficeTechs is on a distinguished road

if they were synced then in DiskAid you will see a Photo Library folder within Photos off the left nav menu, in their I have a 100SYNCD folder containing all my photos NOT ones in my camera roll but ones I have taken on my phone, synced with itunes and subsequently synced with my ipad.
Old 04-08-2012, 09:33 AM

Quote:
if they were synced then in DiskAid you will see a Photo Library folder within Photos off the left nav menu, in their I have a 100SYNCD folder containing all my photos NOT ones in my camera roll but ones I have taken on my phone, synced with itunes and subsequently synced with my ipad.
I have that folder and the 100SYNCD folder but it's empty. I know the photos have been synced to a previous iTunes library but not the one on the new PC. Is this where the problem is, the fact that this iPad has never been synced to the PC that DiskAid is running on.

The reason I know it's been previously synced on a different PC is it's my friends iPad I'm testing with prior to doing anything on the customers. I have his laptop and have synced the iPad to it previously. The photos are on both the iPad and his laptop, when I install iTunes on a new PC and try DiskAid this is when I have the problems.

Last edited by Captain Spaulding; 04-08-2012 at 09:37 AM.
Old 04-08-2012, 09:38 AM

it shouldnt matter where they were synced, just that they were.

were they syncing to a macbook?, if so its possible they were syncing with iPhoto which has the option to delete photos from device when synced. Dont think itunes does that.

time to give up..

or email 600 photos to yourself
Old 04-08-2012, 09:42 AM

i just installed itunes and diskaid on a new VM of W7, i can see my photos on the ipad within diskaid fine they dont even exist in itunes yet as im not syncing BUT i have synced my ipad to my personal laptop previously.
Old 04-08-2012, 10:03 AM

anglian is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Spaulding View Post
You sure? I'm not convinced as it mentions "Transfer Camera Roll Photos" which you can do anyway just be connecting the iPad and viewing it in explorer.
I just tried with my iphone on a PC that it has never been connected to, and doesn't have itunes installed and I was able to open all photos in explorer (DCIM folder) and copy to the PC.
On my laptop, I connected an iphone that is synced to a different PC and was able to transfer files over using diskaid.

Both iPhones are IOS 5.01
Old 04-08-2012, 10:28 AM

Quote:
i just installed itunes and diskaid on a new VM of W7, i can see my photos on the ipad within diskaid fine they dont even exist in itunes yet as im not syncing BUT i have synced my ipad to my personal laptop previously.
Weird because I'm also using a VM of W7 to test it, the only difference is I already synced with iTunes (except photos) on the VM. I wonder why DiskAid does not see the My Pictures folder on the iPad?

Are they defo the photos in 100SYNCD folder that you can see mine is empty

Last edited by Captain Spaulding; 04-08-2012 at 10:34 AM.
Old 04-08-2012, 11:23 AM

Ah I think I found the problem!! The test photos I used I put direct into "My Pictures" on the PC, this created a "My Pictures" folder on the iPad anything in there does not show in DiskAid.

I created a number of subfolders in My Pictures on the PC and synced and the photos now appear in DiskAid. The directory structure does not appear in DiskAid though all the photos appear in the 100SYNCD folder. Is that what you see also?