Go Back   Technibble Forums > Advertising & Marketing > Advertising, Marketing & Sales

Technibble Sponsor

Old 04-06-2012, 04:17 AM

tankman1989 is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb USPS bulk mail delivery for $.142 per item-"Every Door Direct Mail"

The USPS is offering a new service that is called "Every Door Direct Mail" and it sounds like a pretty good deal if you are looking to deliver fliers to local residents and businesses. You can send fliers up to 12"x15"x.75" WxHxD (IDK what would be so thick...) for a mere 14.2 cents per flier! If anyone wanted to do door-to-door fliering this is the way to go. I can't see anyone being able to deliver 1,000 fliers for less than $142. This is a pretty good deal IMO considering that the USPS will do all the printing of addresses. All you have to do is deliver the advertisements, unaddressed, and they take care of the rest.

If you could deliver 1 flier every 30 seconds (which is impossible in suburbia or rural areas) you could do this in 8.33 hours, but more realistically probably 15-30 hours.

What do you all think of this for flyering?
Old 04-06-2012, 01:36 PM

PCX is a jewel in the roughPCX is a jewel in the roughPCX is a jewel in the roughPCX is a jewel in the rough

Check to see if you have a Money Mailers or something similar in your area. There are lots of companies that do this for WAY cheaper. For instance. I just paid a little less than $800 for 20,000 fliers. That would have cost me $2840 with USPS.

Before you decided to post your problems on the forums, did you run a FULL diagnostic?

Be willing to do what your competition is not.

"The smartest and most successful people in the world are those who surround themselves with smarter and more successful people than themselves"
Old 04-06-2012, 01:59 PM

bigmike2974 is an unknown quantity at this point

Can you provide a website please? I would love to something like that.
Old 04-06-2012, 02:03 PM

PCX is a jewel in the roughPCX is a jewel in the roughPCX is a jewel in the roughPCX is a jewel in the rough

moneymailer.com

Not sure where you are located or if they service your area, but there are many companies like it.

Also, instead of hitting EVERY door (which trust me, you do not want to do), these companies target areas that are of a certain tax bracket. In other words, you will be targeting people with money.

Before you decided to post your problems on the forums, did you run a FULL diagnostic?

"The smartest and most successful people in the world are those who surround themselves with smarter and more successful people than themselves"

Last edited by PCX; 04-06-2012 at 02:05 PM.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:28 PM

Benchtech is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmike2974 View Post
Can you provide a website please? I would love to something like that.
Here is the website you're looking for:

www.usps.com/eddm
Old 04-06-2012, 10:35 PM

compnet will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCX View Post
Check to see if you have a Money Mailers or something similar in your area. There are lots of companies that do this for WAY cheaper. For instance. I just paid a little less than $800 for 20,000 fliers. That would have cost me $2840 with USPS.
Is that for an individual flier? Or wrapped up in 50 other fliers that go straight in the trash?
Old 04-06-2012, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by compnet View Post
Is that for an individual flier? Or wrapped up in 50 other fliers that go straight in the trash?
Well, lets bring some real world balance to this.

1. People wouldn't pay for it unless it worked.

2. Way more bang for your buck

3. Coupons is a big trend right now, so the chances of people throwing them away is a little less likely than what your making it out to be. With that being said, I am the type of person that would throw it away, my wife is not.

4. Mailers are targeted according to tax bracket, whereas (from my understanding) with USPS, you will have to do your own research and hope that you are sending them to good areas. And trust me, you do not want to blanket every mailbox, especially for that price.

5. Even if only a fraction of the people look at the money mailers compared to those who look at the USPS fliers, it will still probably be more than the fraction of people who do not throw away the USPS fliers for the same price. Plus they are more likely to be better clients due to them being targeted. Besides, what makes you think that they wont throw away your flier?

6. Any thing can suck even if its a good concept, so alot of your marketing success will depend on your advertisement as well as its delivery.

In short. You can pay almost $3000 for the same amount of fliers / coupons with USPS that you would pay $800 for with a mailer program that is probably about as equally likely to be thrown away. And even if you paid $800 for 5600 fliers with USPS instead of $800 for 20,000 mailers, I am sure the chunk of mailers that do not get thrown away will be more than the USPS fliers that do not get thrown away.

I mean, I guess I just try to look at thing logically. Either way, you can try it out and see which one is more successful.

Also, its probably worth mentioning that typically with mailers, they will design the ads for you.

Last edited by PCX; 04-06-2012 at 10:56 PM.
Old 04-07-2012, 06:58 AM

Benchtech is on a distinguished road

My cost to do this:

4" x 6" Postcard flyers full color with UV coating with my design
5,000pcs @ .02 = $100

EDDM
.142 @ min 200 = $28.40
.142 @ max 5,000 = $710

$810 per 5,000 (my City has 15,431 people) and is a low to middle class community
Old 04-07-2012, 07:28 PM

chrisaroz is on a distinguished road

It's worth nothing that there are very specific size requirements for EDDM. The minimum size for a postcard is 6.5 x 9.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benchtech View Post
My cost to do this:

4" x 6" Postcard flyers full color with UV coating with my design
5,000pcs @ .02 = $100

EDDM
.142 @ min 200 = $28.40
.142 @ max 5,000 = $710

$810 per 5,000 (my City has 15,431 people) and is a low to middle class community
Old 04-07-2012, 08:09 PM

Hamlet is an unknown quantity at this point

I personally sent out 2500 flyers 8.5 x 11' flyers via eddm and about a month ago. So far I had only one person show up for a software installation and one person call and inquire about a service. I have tried door hangers as well. So far I have had no response. I haven't had much success with any advertisement at all or in general. I want to call it luck and or demographic differences since I have a friend in a different city who has done door hangers and direct mail and has seen a lot of success whereas I haven't seen much feedback.