Go Back   Technibble Forums > Advertising & Marketing > Advertising Critique

Technibble Sponsor

Old 03-22-2012, 05:23 PM

RockIT Man is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hightechrex View Post
That just brought me back! I had no idea moonfruit was still around. I remember using them for my first website back in like '00 when I built a page for my Age of Empires online clan. I was just thinking about that page the other day. Wish it was still around so I could make fun of it!

Sorry for going off topic. I couldn't help it!

RockITman.net "A continuing journey through the vast universe of technology"

Last edited by RockIT Man; 03-22-2012 at 05:25 PM. Reason: more info
Old 03-22-2012, 06:13 PM
Administrator

Martyn has a spectacular aura aboutMartyn has a spectacular aura about

Looks awful on my IPad
Old 03-22-2012, 07:26 PM

Cambridge PC Support has a spectacular aura aboutCambridge PC Support has a spectacular aura about

Here's my opinions:

Lose the full-stop in the header.

Some of the text is too close to the edge of it's panel.

Lose the text centering in the black panels on Home page and Services page, and anywhere else with blocks of text or lists.

The panels are different styles, colours, corners, no corners, wide, not as wide.

On the Home page: "The only thing HighTechRec.....(all the way thru to).....back from extinction" all sounds a bit naff imho.

The YouTube link goes to an empty channel, which is an improvement to what you had before.

The 't' icon, is that supposed to be Twitter, does nothing.

3 steps ahead of the competition? Really? How?

Is advancements a real word?

And do you really have to start a new thread every few days for your website critique?
Old 04-01-2012, 11:56 PM

basic is on a distinguished road

Overall, it's not terrible but I think the shades of gray you use could be more contrasted, mainly the background could be lighter. My main issue is the navigation and the use of checkmarks for links. If you have to include instructions to show the user how to navigate your site, it could probably be improved. Think of it this way, in the home page, you set the expectation that checkmarks are clickable links, yet elsewhere in the page, you use them how users normally interpret lists with checkmarked items. At the very least, make it so that the text label is clickable so they don't have to only click on the check mark. On another note, many of these links refer to a common page, why not just have those as available options under the "Services" drop down menu. It makes it seem like each of these links have dedicated webpage and users won't see until they actually check a bunch of your links. I click on "Macbook Laptop Repairs" but I see a generic Hardware section when I expected to see Macbook specific things.

Next, the navigation of the internal pages is inconsistent. I click on a check mark then you essentially force the user to hit the back button or scroll to the bottom of the page and use a navigation mechanism that is more appropriate for tabs or wizards. You have the same issue with the buttons in these internal pages. Only the > is clickable on the stylized button or a very small portion of the button is actually clickable.