Go Back   Technibble Forums > Advertising & Marketing > Advertising, Marketing & Sales

Technibble Sponsor

Old 03-20-2012, 02:05 AM

PCX is just really nicePCX is just really nicePCX is just really nicePCX is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ten Yard Fight View Post
It looks very nice bro! If it doesn't work, it won't be for a lack of compelling design! Keep us posted!
I hope it does, I spent a lot of money on it. My idea was to do something that no one else was doing and give people a reason to look at my ad longer than anyone elses. There are a few other ideas and concepts that I have incorporated, but thats the basic gist of it. I will keep you guys posted.

Did you run a FULL diagnostic?

Are you tired of getting defective iPhone screens? Try eTech. We used to send back boxes of defective iPhone screens to WGP, now we rarely get them.

"The smartest and most successful people in the world are those who surround themselves with smarter and more successful people than themselves"
Old 03-20-2012, 06:27 AM

Scales is an unknown quantity at this point

I didn't read all the replies as it is getting late, but I wanted to chime in. I would not recommend limiting your ad / coupon effectiveness by offering it on a single service. Perhaps offer a coupon / discount on any service so that you have a broader target.
Old 03-20-2012, 06:29 AM

Scales is an unknown quantity at this point

...... Just saw your ad. I should not reply with one eye open.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:00 AM

rsarceno will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCX View Post
For those who were following this thread, these are the coupons I went with as well as the artwork.

http://thepcexchange.com/money%20mai...0watermark.png
This will definitely catch their attention
Old 03-30-2012, 05:04 PM

PCX is just really nicePCX is just really nicePCX is just really nicePCX is just really nice

Just wanted to give you guys an update. The mailers went out yesterday and my first customer from the mailers came in today . . . .

However, she is a mean bee. She is one of those types of people who have a lot of money who thinks that they should be waited on hand and foot and believe that they are above waiting behind another customer.

Scenario. Four customers come in back to back. When she comes in, there is only one customer in front of her, but you can clearly tell that she is irritated that she has to wait. I politely apologize for the wait and let her know that it will only be a few minutes. The customer ahead of her asks a question and the mean bee customer promptly and snobbishly corrects her . . . Anyways, I finish up with the customer in front of her and then I get to deal with the mean bee. To make things short, she wanted a keyboard replacement done and I explain that we do a full diagnostics standard with every repair or service, but that we should have her computer ready by the end of the day or by tomorrow as long as we do not find any other issues. She of course angrily objects and then I explain to her that it's to her benefit and that she is not obligated to do any other repairs if we find anything.

She then wanted her military discount which does not apply to anything that does not exceed the cost of the diagnostics, which is $50 (thus the "some restrictions apply . . . "). But I was not going to argue with her, she got her discount

Anyways, that totally does not matter to you guys, but I just thought it was ironic that my first customer was someone like her. lol. I will report back in the next week or so and tell you guys how things go.

Are you tired of getting defective iPhone screens? Try eTech. We used to send back boxes of defective iPhone screens to WGP, now we rarely get them.

"The smartest and most successful people in the world are those who surround themselves with smarter and more successful people than themselves"
Old 03-30-2012, 05:25 PM

Tekko will become famous soon enough

Did you have someone design that cartoon for you? I really like it!
Old 03-30-2012, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekko View Post
Did you have someone design that cartoon for you? I really like it!
Yes. You can PM me if you want his contact info.

Old 03-31-2012, 03:05 PM
VIP

callthatgirl is a jewel in the roughcallthatgirl is a jewel in the roughcallthatgirl is a jewel in the rough

I know this is a bit late, but I loved the ad! It's nice to see the cartoon (lol) as I use one as well. The ad is great! Please keep up posted on the results will you?

I have only done one direct mailer and it didn't work for me, but I think I did it all wrong to be honest. I was in my first year out and didn't think it out very well.

Next on my list for my 2nd store is bulk mail deal from the USPS. They have a new program out now that allows you to pick a neighbor through just one mailman/mailwoman and they will deliver to all of their addresses on one route. So you can really pick and chose. Each "stop" (I think that's what they called it) costs you XXX amount of dollars and the more you do, the more you get of course. I think the cost is roughly $.14 per address and there are no addresses on the mailer, so that gives you more room for marketing.

http://pe.usps.com/businessmail101/getstarted

I have a meeting with the DM of our local PO this week, I will start a thread once I get more info. I also believe the DM told me that 4000 addresses would be $600, not sure though if that was correct. I know that comparing to my own direct mail program I was going to buy a full priced stamp! Not good lol
Old 03-31-2012, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by callthatgirl View Post
I know this is a bit late, but I loved the ad! It's nice to see the cartoon (lol) as I use one as well. The ad is great! Please keep up posted on the results will you?

I have only done one direct mailer and it didn't work for me, but I think I did it all wrong to be honest. I was in my first year out and didn't think it out very well.

Next on my list for my 2nd store is bulk mail deal from the USPS. They have a new program out now that allows you to pick a neighbor through just one mailman/mailwoman and they will deliver to all of their addresses on one route. So you can really pick and chose. Each "stop" (I think that's what they called it) costs you XXX amount of dollars and the more you do, the more you get of course. I think the cost is roughly $.14 per address and there are no addresses on the mailer, so that gives you more room for marketing.

http://pe.usps.com/businessmail101/getstarted

I have a meeting with the DM of our local PO this week, I will start a thread once I get more info. I also believe the DM told me that 4000 addresses would be $600, not sure though if that was correct. I know that comparing to my own direct mail program I was going to buy a full priced stamp! Not good lol
Thats cool, I would love to see your cartoon. As for the mailers. its like 780 for 20,000 and then the artwork, which I will not mention the price on. The artwork of course was not done by Money Mailer, but by a designer of mine. I will also check the USPS program.

Old 03-31-2012, 04:04 PM
VIP

callthatgirl is a jewel in the roughcallthatgirl is a jewel in the roughcallthatgirl is a jewel in the rough

The cartoon is my avatar here at TN, my logo.