Go Back   Technibble Forums > Operating Systems > Microsoft Windows

Technibble Sponsor

Old 03-05-2012, 04:48 PM

parker.casey is on a distinguished road

If you're using keyboard+mouse, you really need to use two monitors. If you're not, you need to be using a touchscreen.
Old 03-05-2012, 05:56 PM

Screwloose is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by parker.casey View Post
Why won't anyone let Microsoft try new things that they think are good? It's not a monopoly, and there are alternatives if you don't like what they are doing. It's called progress, and they're trying to change how you think of computers altogether. It's not a bad thing.
keep drinking the koolaid lol

I am going to approach this as I approached Vista ... read up on it and get some hands on at work possibly but I will approach it cautiously. I didnt bother with Vista but I love Win 7 ... if they keep pushing that god awful UI I will most likely just wait on the next version or just wear out win 7 till they come out with something truly innovative.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:30 PM

phaZed is a jewel in the roughphaZed is a jewel in the roughphaZed is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Why won't anyone let Microsoft try new things that they think are good? It's not a monopoly, and there are alternatives if you don't like what they are doing. It's called progress, and they're trying to change how you think of computers altogether. It's not a bad thing.
New things aren't the problem. The problem is that MS seems to be going in a direction without asking it's customers for input (unlike Win7). I applaud MS for trying something new, but a bunch of blocks haphazardly placed all over the screen is hardly a step forward, nor is it very creative. The Windows phone has been getting crappy consumer reviews for it's interface... so let's go ahead and make the next Windows just like the MS phone? Stupid.

My problem is this, why change how people think of computers, when the computer is THE way it is? I don't want a Live account. I don't have a touch screen desktop, and I will not be buying two 24" 1900x1200 IPS touch screen monitors to replace the two I have. I do WORK on my computer, not just Angry Birds, and a keyboard and mouse is necessary, no matter how much MS tells me it's not. I feel that many people are in the same boat. This will make adoption of Win8 slow or non-existent unless purchasing a new computer. I can't fathom an actual business using Win8 in it's current form because it is simply not productive or at the very least is AS productive as Win 7.

I can only hope that Win8 is able to be stock-modified to a traditional setup once the OS hits release time, otherwise, good riddance.

Social media, advertising, and signing up for cloud services are not the only thing computers are good for.. those things are good for never-ending recurring business.. FROM YOU. No thanks.

Aaron Heidlebaugh
Computer Technician / Owner
www.AaronsPCSupport.com
804-307-4465 (Call or Text)
Laptop LCD repair | DC Power Jack Repair | Virus Removal
Desktop Repair | Hardware | Software | Troubleshooting
Old 03-08-2012, 07:56 PM

Rob_NNCC is on a distinguished road

I totaly agree, not user friendly, not intuitive, not keeping with traditions. However, I am glad to announce that it uses the same password encryption schemes as Windows Vista and 7, so OPH and others still work. (for live and local)

Last edited by Rob_NNCC; 03-08-2012 at 07:56 PM. Reason: spelling error
Old 03-08-2012, 08:27 PM

ljtechservices is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to ljtechservices

Quote:
If you're using keyboard+mouse, you really need to use two monitors. If you're not, you need to be using a touchscreen.
You think someone with a single monitor can work all day on spread sheets, documents, accounting software, etc using a touchscreen?

weird.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:53 PM

RichmondTech will become famous soon enough

I haven't been impressed with the consumer preview either. Unless they do some big changes to get it back like a traditional desktop, I'm definitely advising a very slow rollout to my customers.

Computer Repair Richmond VA