Go Back   Technibble Forums > Advertising & Marketing > Advertising, Marketing & Sales

Technibble Sponsor

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-25-2010, 03:27 AM

coalescent is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Creating a Website: Useful Resources

Hi guys,
I notice that a lot of folks here have their own websites. I just thought I would drop by with some of my favorite links, accumulated over the years.

Browsershots: Want to see what your site looks like on 30 different browser (versions)? Browser shots is a cool little site that can help you check for compatibility across a wide array of browsers. Now you dont have to install Konqueror, Opera 9.8, Seamonkey....

Smushit: If you have a site with a lot of pictures, Smushit can help you shave a few kilobytes off your page (maybe even a few hundred). Even with the advent of high-speed internet, you're always more likely to keep users engaged with a lighning-quick website.

Load Impact
: Load Impact offers both free and premium services to test how your site handles spikes in traffic. I think this is super useful because it has helped me narrow down okay hosting solutions from awesome hosting solutions. I would encourage everyone to try this out on their site and see how their hosting holds up.

Clean CSS: If you use style sheets to format your pages, you can use this site to clean up the source code. This is really nice because it can help shave a few kilobytes off your pages. I usually run my code through this after I get my page all setup how I want it.

Typetester: Typography is an important part of professional presentation. This site lets you check out a number of different fonts and how they present on the web. Probably a little overkill for your average tech site, but if you are a design junkie like me, it's a helpful site.

Iconfinder: Haven't used this a lot but I could see its use for anyone in need of some icons for their site. Pretty cool engine that lets you look for all sorts of icons. Just be careful that you select the correct licensing for a given search...

Feel free to drop in your favorite links that have helped you establish your website.

Tags
design, tools, utilities, website