Go Back   Technibble Forums > Service Solutions > Remote Support

Technibble Sponsor

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-31-2010, 03:59 PM

PCERTtimh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default GFI Max - Anyone Using IT? Pros, Cons, Etc

Good Afternoon Everyone,

This discussion actually sparks from a thread in the Tools of the week section but since it has nothing to do with SpiceWorks anymore I thought I start a new one here in the remote support section.

Let me start off by saying that I have just recently started up a computer repair LLC with a good friend of mine. We have not done much advertising and have really only been getting business from freiends and family referrals. We both have worked in the IT Industry for many years and have seen the transisition from Break-fix to the new managed service provider business model.

Looking at a number of products on the market such as Dameware, Spiceworks and even Kaseya no one product as fit our needs either by pricing or features.

GFI Max was recently posted by another Forum member and I have begun to look into it further if the sales pitch is what they make it out to be it may be a good fit for us. It says it can be cents on a system per day and that there are no minium number of seats/contracts which is great for a recent startup like us looking to get into the MSP market and not drain the limited funds we have now.

My question though is can any of you shed some light on to personal experiences using GFI Max? What are the Pros/Cons? How is the pricing? Any what would you describe about using it?

Any and all help is appreciated,

Tim H.