Go Back   Technibble Forums > Advertising & Marketing > Advertising Critique

Technibble Sponsor

Old 01-21-2010, 08:12 PM

NWPhotog is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by PcTek9 View Post
myehhh,
I'm glad you totally agree. I think this is something he will pursue locally, so the millions and billions of advertising dollars is a bit over the top.

Even if you have ten technicians your not going to approach millions of advertising dollars, let alone billions.
You kinda misread the quote. I was saying NIKE had spent billions to make an unorthodox name work. Not that OP needed to. In his case Big money might be $5k or it might be $50k. The important point is he is creating an additional hurdle to over come.
Old 01-21-2010, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushin View Post
This is TRUE.... Take my name.... Site Tech

On Site Computer Technicians
On Site Car Technicians
On Site TV Technicians
On Site Appliance Technicians
and on
and on
Yep. A name that make go "huh? What does he do? Where does he do it?" Might as well go to the next tech that is clearer.
Old 01-22-2010, 02:37 AM
VIP

callthatgirl is a jewel in the roughcallthatgirl is a jewel in the roughcallthatgirl is a jewel in the rough

Your logo isn't really a logo, it's just typeface done in Word Art. I think you should figure out something that reflects your business. Hire a designer to create something for you. Just my 2 cents

I know of 2 designers that are affordable. One can probably make you a logo for $50.
Old 01-22-2010, 07:54 AM

thatPC is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all your replies guys, very useful. To follow up on a few of the points made:

Quote:
Your logo isn't really a logo, it's just typeface done in Word Art. I think you should figure out something that reflects your business.
I don't agree that this isn't a logo. A logo is defined as "a name, symbol, or emblem that acts as a trademark or a means of identification of an institution or other entity". Look at Google, IBM, or Microsoft.

And just as a mini comment! This was created with Photoshop, not Word Art! But it deffinately needs improvement.

I'm not sure any name truely reflects everything a company is until it provides the service to the customer. After all, 3 years ago who would have bought a games console called Wii?
Old 01-22-2010, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatPC View Post
I'm not sure any name truely reflects everything a company is until it provides the service to the customer.
True, but no one is saying it should reflect everything just that it should reflect something about your company. It should give the customer some point of reference and hopefully some kind of positive feeling. As to Wii again you are referencing a product name that a company spent millions on popularizing. That is a different ball game.
Old 01-22-2010, 07:42 PM

schwags is on a distinguished road

I would tone down the saturation of the color a *little* bit. It could be quite glaring in the dark.
Also, have you tried enlarging the 't' a bit to balance out the 'PC'? I don't know if that is what you are looking for, but I would at least give it a shot. Maybe make it at least as tall as the 'h' next to it without making it fatter.
Old 02-03-2010, 04:12 AM

MakoLogics is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to MakoLogics

Try freelancer to get a logo done for $35 they usually do great work. My designer will do them all day for $25 until your happy.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:41 PM

weezon is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushin View Post
This is TRUE.... Take my name.... Site Tech

On Site Computer Technicians
On Site Car Technicians
On Site TV Technicians
On Site Appliance Technicians
and on
and on
Not to be funny but if I didn't know any better I would think you're a web site technician, by name only.
Old 02-17-2010, 06:52 PM

Luudee is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeedlessOne View Post
Personally I dont care for it. Its way to simple IMO. You need something else if you want to use the font. I also wouldn't have a site that says coming soon. Just giving my honest opinion.
i agree with him 100% if youre interested in a logo, my company does graphic design. Would cost you $90. pm me if interested.