Go Back   Technibble Forums > Service Solutions > Remote Support

Technibble Sponsor

Old 06-29-2009, 08:40 PM

Moaa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default please help with ULTRAVNC slowness screens

I am having problem with UltraVnc SC slow screen refresh rate on Xp to vista and Vista to Vista connections. There is no delay on client side but on my side the screen refreshes every 20 seconds. This is not helpful specially if I charge the client hourly.

I know there a lot of people on this furom who use SC to support their remote clients. Did you encounter this problem? I you did, how did you solve it? I asked this question in the ultravnc SC forum but no solution yet.
I am hoping that some one is using SC successfully can help me.

Is there any other free reliable remote support tools that you successfully use? I have tried Crossloop but it is not stable.

There are good commericial remote tools but costly.

Thank you for your help
moaa
Old 06-30-2009, 01:42 AM

ashh is an unknown quantity at this point

I have just spent 2 hours trying to get UltraVNC SingleClick working with no success. I have connectivity, but get a strange black framed screen and my computer beeps 3 times??? So, sorry, I don't have a specific answer to your problem. I did come across this link that might be useful to you:

forum.ultravnc.info/viewtopic.php?p=59971#59971

I have also recently tried LogMeIn free and was very impressed with the responsiveness and simplicity of use.

But on the negatives: the free edition requires that you install LogMeIn on each computer you want to control. The install is not difficult, but would not be ideal if you want to support "non-technical" users.

Also, you would need to give your LogMeIn account username/password to a user to have the users computer "attached" to your account. (so you can log into it and control it).

I guess LogMeIn free is deliberately designed this way, to make you want to buy the simpler LogMeIn Rescue. (But the pricing is too expensive in my opinion)

UltraVNC looks great, but like many open software projects, if it is not working, you need to battle with poor documentation and spend a lot of time searching forums. If you've got the time and patience, great, but if not, I'd look elsewhere.
Old 06-30-2009, 02:48 AM

Location: Springfield Missouri USA and anywhere by remote control
PatrickB is on a distinguished road

Reducing the number of colors will help some. All of the VNC variations are less responsive than LogMeIn or Microsoft Remote Desktop. UltraVNC has more features than RealVNC.com, so it may lag more on an underpowered machine as well.

There have been a few topics on remote control software. Search for "Remote" in the title of Topics.

-- Patrick B.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:30 PM

Jory is on a distinguished road

This happens to me quite a bit even over LAN.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:36 PM
Banned

iptech is on the way

Turn of encryption if it is safe to do so, use hextile rendering and turn down the colour resolution to the minimum that you require.
Old 06-30-2009, 05:37 PM

Moaa is an unknown quantity at this point

you mean encryption key within SC? I am not using any encryption at this moment. I will reduce the colour and see. By the way, the Teamview (free version ) is quite good.

Has any body tried the Zohomeeting located here. http://meeting.zoho.com/login.do?serviceurl=%2Fhome.do It is looks more complicated than teamviewer. I am going to set it up and test it.

Thanks