Go Back   Technibble Forums > Advertising & Marketing > Advertising Critique

Technibble Sponsor

Old 06-08-2012, 08:17 PM

Clockwork is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Website input

http://clockworkit.net

It has certainly been a while, and I have made some drastic changes to my business. The biggest of which is dropping repair in its entirety, and focusing on custom machines and sales.

I have seen a massive jump in profit and customers since doing this.

Above is my website, and though far from finished, it is very functional. However, I have a few things I would like to add and I'm not entirely sure where to place them.

I would like to add a section about the hardware I use in my builds, and why I used it. Not sure if I should put this under "products" or "about". Or, possibly add a new section to the menu along the lines of "resources" or "support".

I also want to add a bit to the footer. I wanted to put a slide show down there of machines I have built, but I'm still left with a lot of blank space. Maybe I can put some testimonials down there? Not sure.

Any input is certainly welcome!

Thanks guys!
Old 06-08-2012, 08:37 PM

NYJimbo is a glorious beacon of lightNYJimbo is a glorious beacon of lightNYJimbo is a glorious beacon of lightNYJimbo is a glorious beacon of lightNYJimbo is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
The biggest of which is dropping repair in its entirety, and focusing on custom machines and sales.

I have seen a massive jump in profit and customers since doing this.
Not trying to change the subject about your website, but I am not sure I understand how you stop doing repair completely but manage to sell computers to people. Are you promoting yourself somewhere that brings in people ?

Do you have some kind of special way of convincing people that your custom machines are better than name brand or machines recommended by a repair tech ? I just don't understand how you get to the people unless you have a shop or some kind of advertising and makes people think you are better than what's already out there.

If your custom machines have a problem aren't you repairing them and you're right back into the repair business ? I mean you are married to that machine as you are not just a reseller.
Old 06-08-2012, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJimbo View Post
Not trying to change the subject about your website, but I am not sure I understand how you stop doing repair completely but manage to sell computers to people. Are you promoting yourself somewhere that brings in people ?

Do you have some kind of special way of convincing people that your custom machines are better than name brand or machines recommended by a repair tech ? I just don't understand how you get to the people unless you have a shop or some kind of advertising and makes people think you are better than what's already out there.

If your custom machines have a problem aren't you repairing them and you're right back into the repair business ? I mean you are married to that machine as you are not just a reseller.
Yes... I am marketing, haha.

And if one of my machines has a problem, I have a warranty in place and I do support those machines. However, I don't remove viruses, I don't fix user error, and I don't offer a flat "repair" service.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:19 PM

NYJimbo is a glorious beacon of lightNYJimbo is a glorious beacon of lightNYJimbo is a glorious beacon of lightNYJimbo is a glorious beacon of lightNYJimbo is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
However, I don't remove viruses, I don't fix user error, and I don't offer a flat "repair" service.
Ok, but that's just kinda weird to me. I think if John Doe buys a computer from you (assuming its relatively local ?) and he gets a virus and comes to you, do you say "No, go somewhere else !" ?

A few shops here tried selling their own-labeled desktops and it just sucked the blood out of them. Anyway, if it works for you great. I was just trying to figure out the small stuff. Thanks.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJimbo View Post
Ok, but that's just kinda weird to me. I think if John Doe buys a computer from you (assuming its relatively local ?) and he gets a virus and comes to you, do you say "No, go somewhere else !" ?

A few shops here tried selling their own-labeled desktops and it just sucked the blood out of them. Anyway, if it works for you great. I was just trying to figure out the small stuff. Thanks.
Almost 100% of my sales are over the internet. I think I have sold one machine locally, and I haven't heard from the guy since. By doing this, I have expanded my market to the entire US, instead of some small town in Missouri that nobody cares about.

This also completely eliminates all overhead, and the need for a store front. I've converted into an online entity. Everything I do is 100% profit.

And yeah, pretty much. If they call me with a virus problem I tell them "you can download program x and run it, but outside of that, you will want to contact a local IT service".

However, that has yet to happen.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:36 PM

jrl2222 is an unknown quantity at this point

First thing I noticed was in IE 9 on my computer I see the animated gif with white lines across the black tower. I took screen shots and built my own gif so you could see what I see. I checked in chrome and firefox and it seems fine there.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-1.gif
Views:	80
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	2385
Old 06-08-2012, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrl2222 View Post
First thing I noticed was in IE 9 on my computer I see the animated gif with white lines across the black tower. I took screen shots and built my own gif so you could see what I see. I checked in chrome and firefox and it seems fine there.

Attachment 2385
Aha, nice catch. Thank you sir. Is it like that on the other banners?