Go Back   Technibble Forums > Advertising & Marketing > Website Development & SEO

Technibble Sponsor

Old 05-26-2012, 02:15 AM

jrl2222 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What happened to my Google Places Page

I had a Google Places Page setup and it was verified. I can still log into google and see everything I set up. But when you search for my company name you now get a place in Texas but they have a link to my website.I can still edit my places page via the email address I used to create it. But the listing that keeps popping up is theirs with my addy on it. I have emailed google and they say they are checking into this. Has anyone seen this before?
Google Maps Link

Here is a picture of my places page info as I have it setup.
Name:  places.jpg
Views: 392
Size:  22.3 KB
Old 06-04-2012, 09:00 AM

Kim101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Google is integrating slowly Places with the social backbone. It seems Google+ is showing the first two categories only listed in Places. The “owner verified” designation is also apparently gone.
Old 06-09-2012, 12:50 PM

After doing some research it seems their are a lot of places that have disappeared recently. You can still log into your account but when you try to view your places page it says "We Currently Do Not Support The Location". Google knows the problem is there but are unable to fix it quickly. This problem started around May 4 for most people I guess.
Old 06-09-2012, 02:29 PM

coffee has a spectacular aura aboutcoffee has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Skype™ to coffee

My site page is also gone. It just says "Not Supported". I think I will look elsewhere for advertising. Perhaps Yahoo. I just dont like the idea of taking the time to setup a page and then have google delete it with no warning no appologies. Not how I do business.

Perhaps if google can manage to get their act together I might be back. For now Im not going to bother. Who wants to spend their time on their site knowing that google can and will delete it anytime they make a site change?

www.renuecomputers.com
Old 06-09-2012, 06:31 PM

From what I read this was a system error or something like that but since places are wrapped into all aspects of Google it is taking a long time to get it all working again. I believe they changed something to make way for Google+ and it broke other stuff. And rather than delay the Google+ launch they are just trying to fix the broken stuff which must not be easy.
Old 06-14-2012, 05:43 AM

300DDR will become famous soon enough

Quote:
But when you search for my company name you now get a place in Texas but they have a link to my website.
The call to Google should fix this. If not, press the link on their site for "fix incorrect info" or something like that. It will send a message to a google person who should fix it (may take a month or two).

Quote:
"We Currently Do Not Support The Location"
This seems to happen after you make a change, before they approve it. Could be at least a couple wks (maybe 7-10 days or sooner if you are lucky).

--
More info than you need:

I've been on Google places for 5-6 years. It's been nightmare, but we still get many clients from there (I think), so it's worth it.

It's been especially bad recently with moving my business to a new address. I don't even want to get into it it's so frustrating, still not correct after 6 months+.

About 2 years ago they lost around 120 5-star reviews which took me about 3-4 years to get. Most eventually came back (6-8 months later). Every now and then they disappear. Not just reviews, entire listing sometimes, especially if you make any changes, like add photos, revise description, etc. Just about all these things seem to go to an actual person who then approves the changes. Sometimes they will call to verify the change too, so make sure to pickup.

I'm hoping that the move to Google+ will fix all of this.

*They also changed the rating scheme with the move to Google+. It's now based out of 3 point (3/3 best, 1/3 worst). If you want to see the new "places" you can see one of my sites here: https://plus.google.com/108659847303...gl=US&hl=en-US

Note: my business name is STILL incorrect after changing it about 10 times. They KEEP reverting it to my Full Name instead of my business name. Soooo frustrating!