Go Back   Technibble Forums > Advertising & Marketing > Advertising, Marketing & Sales

Technibble Sponsor

Old 05-24-2012, 05:54 AM

I FIX PC'S is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Newsletter Idea

Hi, I was thinking of doing a A5 mail shot advertising my business BUT Decided I might be wasting my time as most people shove this sort of thing Straight in the bin, however I was thinking of a way so as the flyer is actually kept and read(like a parish magazine is) and hit on the idea of making the flyer like a newsletter with tips and tricks in( not too many!).

Anybody else tried this?

Was the response any better than using a normal bog standard advertising shot?

Cheers

Andy
Old 05-24-2012, 08:21 AM
Administrator

Martyn has a spectacular aura aboutMartyn has a spectacular aura about

I've been toying with the idea for ages. At the moment I'm having a flyer designed and then decide on the distribution afterwards. I will post some of them myself and may get a mass distribution going as well. A couple of ideas I had was either/and a discount off say 10% labour if they produce the leaflet for repair and/or Windows tips/tricks/keyboard shortcuts on the back, not decided yet. It's quite a cheap advertisement if you do the distribution. The other thing even if they do throw it they might remember your name, yours like mine is short.

Sorry just realised the post is about a newsletter but my point about tips/tricks/shortcuts still is relevant

Last edited by Martyn; 05-24-2012 at 08:33 AM.
Old 05-24-2012, 09:47 AM

JonnyRT is on the way

I've started trying this too for the same reason as you Andy. My first shot at it was a leaflet advertising a slow computer service and on the other side was 5 tips about how they could keep their pc working well. Worked better than a normal leaflet.

What I am hoping to do is produce a regular newsletter style leaflet that will be delivered in my target area every couple of weeks, each newsletter covering a different topic. It's a lot of work though to produce though so have been putting it off.

Maybe we could work on this together, 1/2 the work we'd both have to do.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:51 AM

Hey guys
Would love to work on something together, I've already filled an a4 side up on subjects:- backing up, Facebook viruses, scam calls from India - all relevant stuff for the home user. I will post it so others can use it if they want - anybody like to share there newsletter content so others can use it? Maybe we could have a coop of material that others are happy to let other technibble forum users use for their campaigns?
Andy
Old 05-24-2012, 01:21 PM

JonnyRT is on the way

Think posting our content so that we can share it is a great idea, will save us all a load of time. Will post mine later on.

The big thing I struggle with is the design, how to fit useful information on it but still make it look good.
Old 05-24-2012, 07:15 PM

Nearly finished will post soon
Old 05-25-2012, 12:24 AM

Parkwaytech is on a distinguished road

Anything that provides great value will be good. They key is to show your knowledge without being "salesy" about it. Think from the customer's perspective and I can imagine it would at least make its money back.
Old 05-25-2012, 01:47 PM

nanodroid is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Coupons are the key....

I got this idea from a fellow tech, if you send out the mail pieces with a $5 coupon attached. You will intrigue the customer to hold on to it until the need that service.
Old 05-25-2012, 03:16 PM

I've offered a 10% discount if they present the flyer for a repair. I also put a wordsearch on the back to keep them sticky.
They have been printed, just waiting for them to be delivered tonight.
I've a few reservations about posting them for people to use as previously discussed hope you all don't mind but with the Internet how it is nowadays im just a bit worried doing so.
Subjects I covered though were Facebook viruses, the importance of backing up and the Indian from Microsoft who says he can see viruses on your computer - scam.
Cheers
Andy
Old 05-25-2012, 03:30 PM

anglian is an unknown quantity at this point

I am planning some flyers for a different project.
The post office can deliver them to specific post code's @ 62/1000
I know delivering yourself keeps costs down, but this seems pretty good to me and would allow the possibility of keeping good records on areas & response rates.