Go Back   Technibble Forums > The Computer Repair Business > Buy, Sell or Trade

Technibble Sponsor

Old 05-21-2012, 04:12 PM

PCX is just really nicePCX is just really nicePCX is just really nicePCX is just really nice
Default HW14WX101 screen for Asus U46E

I cannot find this screen anywhere. Where ever I have looked for this screen, the image clearly does not match it. I tried ordering this screen from http://www.mightytechtronics.com but they took over 3 weeks just to send me the wrong screen. At this point, I believe my customer will settle for a used one if that is all we can get.

Before you decided to post your problems on the forums, did you run a FULL diagnostic?

Be willing to do what your competition is not.

"The smartest and most successful people in the world are those who surround themselves with smarter and more successful people than themselves"
Old 05-21-2012, 04:37 PM

Cornerstone Technologies will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to Cornerstone Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCX View Post
I cannot find this screen anywhere. Where ever I have looked for this screen, the image clearly does not match it. I tried ordering this screen from http://www.mightytechtronics.com but they took over 3 weeks just to send me the wrong screen. At this point, I believe my customer will settle for a used one if that is all we can get.
Typically, on eBay anyway, they use just a stock image. The only problems I have had with that route is when the vendor is out of stock and dishonest about what they have available, but I avoid that particular vendor. However, I have ordered from these guys before: http://www.sparepartswarehouse.com/g3-index.aspx

They are pretty decent and shipping is usually next day or 2 day. I didnt see that particular model, but calling might be yield better results as they are pretty helpful.

Last edited by Cornerstone Technologies; 05-21-2012 at 04:42 PM.
Old 05-21-2012, 08:16 PM

NYJimbo is a glorious beacon of lightNYJimbo is a glorious beacon of lightNYJimbo is a glorious beacon of lightNYJimbo is a glorious beacon of lightNYJimbo is a glorious beacon of light

I know you don't want to do this but CAN this screen be modified to fit and work with this machine ? You very well may have no choice but either buy the full price or mod a close compatible.

We went through this a few months ago with some kind of Sony. Nobody had it except unknown little shops, all of them were compatibles that needed "tweaking". We ended up modifying the frame and clipping some plastic inside the lcd top cover, but we got a solid fit and it works.

Sometimes I do customer weirdo DC jacks when the original cannot be found. If the customer can live with it then you might as well go for it.
Old 05-21-2012, 08:24 PM

PCX is just really nicePCX is just really nicePCX is just really nicePCX is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJimbo View Post
I know you don't want to do this but CAN this screen be modified to fit and work with this machine ? You very well may have no choice but either buy the full price or mod a close compatible.

We went through this a few months ago with some kind of Sony. Nobody had it except unknown little shops, all of them were compatibles that needed "tweaking". We ended up modifying the frame and clipping some plastic inside the lcd top cover, but we got a solid fit and it works.

Sometimes I do customer weirdo DC jacks when the original cannot be found. If the customer can live with it then you might as well go for it.
We personally will not do it and our customer balked at the idea of it when I told them that this vendor actually suggested that we cut out parts of their laptop and use tape to make it work. I of course warned them that we have never done business with this vendor before and that we were taking a chance with them. Unfortunately, it turned out bad, but at least my customers were not entirely surprised . . . they were more surprised at what they suggested and not so much at the fact that they sent us the wrong screen.

Before you decided to post your problems on the forums, did you run a FULL diagnostic?

"The smartest and most successful people in the world are those who surround themselves with smarter and more successful people than themselves"
Old 05-22-2012, 03:01 AM

Cornerstone Technologies will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to Cornerstone Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCX View Post
they sent us the wrong screen.
Not to bad-mouth them more, but i have experienced a lot of that with these Chinese based companies They basically have the market cornered since they produce basically everything in-house. Im not surprised in the least than they would intentionally send the wrong thing to buy them more time. I had this once with a particular vendor, and it sucks.

Also, I agree with PCX in wanting to avoid a hack job. There may be situations that make it nessesary, but typical home clients will badmouth such solutions as basically unprofessional, even if they ultimately asked for it. I don't subscribe to the band-aid method just to make a dollar.

Last edited by Cornerstone Technologies; 05-22-2012 at 03:06 AM.
Old 05-21-2012, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornerstone Technologies View Post
Typically, on eBay anyway, they use just a stock image. The only problems I have had with that route is when the vendor is out of stock and dishonest about what they have available, but I avoid that particular vendor. However, I have ordered from these guys before: http://www.sparepartswarehouse.com/g3-index.aspx

They are pretty decent and shipping is usually next day or 2 day. I didnt see that particular model, but calling might be yield better results as they are pretty helpful.
Thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately, they do not appear to have this screen, but I will keep them in mind for the future.

Old 06-25-2012, 01:50 PM

MIG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Screen

Hi:
I never post on these forums- just read and read (take) so I wanted to give for once because been experiencing huge problems in obtaining this screen. The Asus u46SV uses a infovision hw14wx101. It is an LCD and ultrathin, the brackets are top and bottom - the inverter is attached to the bottom of screen right is connection of video cable, meaning its very rare.

I contacted accupart (in the UK) Notebook-DisplaysDirekt (Germany) and screenteck (USA) and screencountry to no avail. I have been lead to 2 german companies which might have the parts- laptiptop.com and
tdcomponents.com. I'm hoping if more people request this screen it will become less obscure and easier to obtain.

If anyone has found this screen help would be greatly appreciated,
MG
Old 06-25-2012, 11:53 PM

RedFoxComp is on a distinguished road

I just ran into the same problem sourcing this screen. I couldn't find one anywhere. It ended up going back to Asus for replacement.
Old 07-03-2012, 01:49 PM

HFultzjr will become famous soon enough

Hi all,

Try laptopscreens.com.

I have yet to find a screen they can't get.

In addition to their web site, please give them a phone call. They have always been very helpful about items not found via their web site.

There are conflicting views in various "review" results, but I have had nothing but 100% positive results.

Fast shipping
Good pricing
Excellent customer service
Had 1 failure within 90 days, sent pictures, replaced with no problems or questions. Of course, I had return shipping charges, which is pretty much the norm.

Might be worth a phone call.

www.LaptopScreen.com
1-855-630-1111 M-F 7am - 6pm PST
+1-206-299-0699 outside of continental US and Canada
Old 07-03-2012, 01:55 PM

HFultzjr will become famous soon enough

Looks like they are temp out of stock.

Give them a call and see if there is a replacement or when they will have stock.

http://www.laptopscreen.com/English/...ber/HW14WX101/