Go Back   Technibble Forums > Advertising & Marketing > Advertising, Marketing & Sales

Technibble Sponsor

Old 04-11-2012, 11:39 AM
Administrator

Martyn has a spectacular aura aboutMartyn has a spectacular aura about
Default Village fete(UK)

I'm going to have a stand at a village fete this year, I missed last year because my Smart car advertising wasn't ready. It's very low cost at 20 for the afternoon. This fete is very well attended by the villagers(3000 pop) and other surrounding villages so I will get good exposure. I looked into the complexities last year of printing raffle tickets but it is a minefield so my plan is to sell cloakroom style raffle tickets so that it is drawn on the same day. There are really no rules and regulations standing in the way of that. I'm going to supply a new netbook as the prize and donate the proceeds to the local village school fund my grandchildren attend. As I say I will get good exposure all round here.

What can I have on my stand, i'm thinking of giving a leaflet and business card to everyone who buys a ticket(or visits the stand)? Answering technical questions. I'm not sure if I have any electric supply to run a computer but I will have an Ipad with me for logging bookings into PCRT.

Any other ideas?
Old 04-11-2012, 11:46 AM

anglian is an unknown quantity at this point

Maybe have a couple of PC's & Laptops in pieces, so you can explain how they work, the difference & similarities between the PC & laptop parts.
It's something for people to see & touch that might attract them to your stand and keep them there a bit longer.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:51 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglian View Post
Maybe have a couple of PC's & Laptops in pieces, so you can explain how they work, the difference & similarities between the PC & laptop parts.
It's something for people to see & touch that might attract them to your stand and keep them there a bit longer.
Actually that's a good idea, I might even be able to sell some of my old clutter
Old 04-11-2012, 12:18 PM
Administrator

Cadishead Computers is a jewel in the roughCadishead Computers is a jewel in the roughCadishead Computers is a jewel in the rough

Sounds like a great idea Martyn

You could also have a old hard drive, and take the top off it, to show the inner workings, and explain how / why drives fail, the whining noises etc.

Leaflets, brochures with all your services, plenty of bus cards. I hope this plays out for you buddy

Nige
Cadishead Computers
Old 04-11-2012, 01:58 PM

Steve202 is on a distinguished road

You will have to let us how you get on with this as it sounds like a good idea.

Best of luck
Old 04-11-2012, 02:28 PM

anglian is an unknown quantity at this point

For those not in the UK that might be wondering what a village fete is....
It's a bit like Mardi Gras, only for villages so on a much smaller scale
Old 06-11-2012, 02:46 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve202 View Post
How did you get on with this Martyn?
It's not until July 9th. I'm planning to do a raffle for one or two Amazon Kindles and the proceeds go to the local school IT. I will have the Smart Car there for advertising and everyone gets a flyer with a 10% discount off their next repair along with a business card.

I'm thinking of other ideas for it.
Old 06-11-2012, 04:16 PM
Administrator

Cadishead Computers is a jewel in the roughCadishead Computers is a jewel in the roughCadishead Computers is a jewel in the rough

As raffle prizes, how about tune ups, or simple memory upgrades, any of your cheaper services. Cost is minimal, instead of raffle tickets, could you not print off some simple forms, with contact details off those who enter. That way you could also,contact them at a later date to see if they have any issues .

Nige
Cadishead Computers
Old 06-11-2012, 08:24 PM

jimbojambo is on a distinguished road

I needed raffle tickets recently and found packs of them in my local poundland store. Maybe check out if you have 1 there. I know it might be cheesy but they have other items u could get for raffle prizes. I got a couple of skype phones, ipad and iphone cases, make your own mouse mats and usb bluetooh adapters. Certainly worth a look worked well for me and went down a treat
Old 06-11-2012, 08:35 PM
Administrator

Thanks for the ideas. There are very strict rules on tickets so I'm going for a straight draw on the day. You wouldn't believe the conversations I had with the local council about creating my own tickets, the rules are quite complicated. Straight draw on the day is no problem. Yes maybe I need to look at the prizes. My idea is they get one of my leaflets with the discount and business card. Good idea about free tune ups Nige.