Go Back   Technibble Forums > General Computers > Tech-to-Tech Computer Help

Technibble Sponsor

Old 03-14-2012, 08:45 PM

Omnikillz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default DV7 Laptop charging issues

OK to start off I have a HP DV7-1448dx laptop with the AMD processor, the GPU failed and the customer brought it to me, I ordered the direct replacement (or so I thought) from ebay and what I got was not it, I got the Intel Core 2 Duo version of the DV7 board instead. I bought the correct heatsink and it fits perfectly into the case but there is a problem. The battery will not charge when connected. I disassembled checked all connections and reconnected the battery to the old bare board and connected the power supply and the battery took a charge without issue. I then connected the charged battery to the laptop with the new board installed and it starts up and works flawlessly. My question is I know that there are two different pinouts to the 5 pin DC Jack plug assembly, I know that I have the wrong one, what I need is either a link the where I can buy one or a pinout from the other version so I can modify the one I have.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:51 PM

Slaters Kustum Machines is on a distinguished road

http://www.computekinc.us/jack_type_97.htm Not sure if this helps, but here you go.
Old 03-14-2012, 10:24 PM

PCX is just really nicePCX is just really nicePCX is just really nicePCX is just really nice

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=...+fan&_osacat=0

Before you decided to post your problems on the forums, did you run a FULL diagnostic?

Be willing to do what your competition is not.

"The smartest and most successful people in the world are those who surround themselves with smarter and more successful people than themselves"
Old 03-15-2012, 08:05 PM

OK I did some more research into the issue and found some more information about the board, according to the heatsink I bought it is from a DV7t 1000, 1100, or 1200. Thank you SKM, I looked on the site with the pinout for the jack and I saved the site to favorites, will definitely be using that in the future, I dont see where you were going with the link to ebay PCX if you could clarify then I would appreciate it. But If i can find the pinout to the board or the two different pinouts to the DC jack assemblies then I could do the necessary modifications.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:19 PM

Mr.Mike is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnikillz View Post
OK I did some more research into the issue and found some more information about the board, according to the heatsink I bought it is from a DV7t 1000, 1100, or 1200. Thank you SKM, I looked on the site with the pinout for the jack and I saved the site to favorites, will definitely be using that in the future, I dont see where you were going with the link to ebay PCX if you could clarify then I would appreciate it. But If i can find the pinout to the board or the two different pinouts to the DC jack assemblies then I could do the necessary modifications.
Or, you could send it to these guys about where you can get what you need. Heck, they may even fix it for a reasonable charge. These guys are really good and very fairly priced.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletPathos View Post
Or, you could send it to these guys about where you can get what you need. Heck, they may even fix it for a reasonable charge. These guys are really good and very fairly priced.
Not really a helpful suggestion, I am looking for answers so that I can repair this and know how to repair it in the future, I appreciate you weighing in but I don't think that you are allowed to imbed hyperlinks to sell services.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:05 PM

PCX is just really nicePCX is just really nicePCX is just really nicePCX is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnikillz View Post
I just gave you the link to the correct fans . . . not sure where the confusion is.

Before you decided to post your problems on the forums, did you run a FULL diagnostic?

Be willing to do what your competition is not.

"The smartest and most successful people in the world are those who surround themselves with smarter and more successful people than themselves"