Go Back   Technibble Forums > Site Stuff > Site Issues, Requests and Suggestions

Technibble Sponsor

Old 10-16-2008, 10:55 AM

Starsky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default User website advertisement

Hello,

I am in the process of getting my PC Repair business off the ground and I find myself addicted to these forums and the awesome information they give me.

Part of my research into how to start up is obviously looking at how other people do it. What I notice is that I often look at posts on these forums, and when I click the user who posted, I am directed to their website, which is 99% of the time a PC Repair/Service/PC Hardware sales site.

What I think would be a good idea is for Technibble to host a list of all the different sites run by users of these forums, as well as list the location of service, including country.

This way, people all over the world can be referred to this site to find a technician in their local area and find a link to their website.

I believe this would generate deserved business for many of the gifted IT Techs on this site, as well as give Technibble another edge.

Some people may not like the idea because it might lead to non-technical people using the site to flame someone for bad service or take away from the "resource for computer technicians who are looking to start their own computer business" focus and focus more on the users. In this case, I would point out that everything on Technibble can be publicly found on google anyway, so anyone who links their username to their website is already likely presenting customers searching for the business with links to Technibble. Also, if people *are* against the public listing idea, what if we made a private list for only registered forum members?

There is such a wide scope of services and areas of expertise offered by users of this site, I certainly know that as I am wanting my business to grow, having a large list of user sites to see how people in other places of the world are doing it would be priceless.

Regards,

Starsky
Old 10-16-2008, 07:12 PM

focuz is on a distinguished road

If you do a search in google their are already of ton of local computer shop directory.

I have not really known any customer which found me within a directory listing and these types of directories are only mainly used for collecting inbound links and raising your pagerank.
Old 10-25-2008, 01:49 AM

RoboGeek is on a distinguished road

I'm in the top 3 results for any searches I care about in my area.

I have been very surprised by clients I picked up off craigslist - several thousands of dollars a month from a few clients

By best customers have come from TV.. radio seemed to waste money, but tv really seems to work
Old 10-25-2008, 01:51 AM

RoboGeek is on a distinguished road

example..

http://www.google.com/search?q=compu...ient=firefox-a
Old 10-27-2008, 07:17 AM

ICEinLAVA is an unknown quantity at this point

i think this is a bad idea. part of being a good business is producing your own marketing material. the last thing i would want is for someone new copying my website content. I don't mind giving suggestion of things such as creating some content, business card or marketing material design. but i don't want my clients to mistake someone elses rip off content as being the orginal.