Go Back   Technibble Forums > Announcements > Introductions

Technibble Sponsor

Old 07-21-2011, 07:17 PM

smmirza is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello from Tempe, AZ

Please tell us a little about yourself. Whats your name? What country do you live in?
Hello, I have been lurking at TN for a while now and wanted to join to be a part of this great community. A little bit about myself; I have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science. I was employed as a software developer programming in COBOL for 4 years until I realized I was being taken advantage of by my company (no raise, ridiculous deadlines, low pay and BS hours). My performance started declining seriously after the realization and I was eventually fired (technically I gave my 2 weeks notice, but they fired me in 2 days ). I then went into consulting as a business analyst. However, I was still not happy and set out to find out the reason. What followed was a lot of rethinking about life and I realized I wasn't cut out for the 9-5 deal. So, here I am. I saved enough to live on for a year and will be quitting my job at the end of the month. After that, it's just me and my courage. I hope to start a computer repair business, website development and general I.T. support. This community has given me the information I need to make this goal a reality.

What is your current experience? (Years working on computers, in the business, certifications etc..)
I have worked in the software field for about 5 years. I have been tinkering with computers for pretty much my whole life and I am really comfortable with them. I do have A+ certification.

Are you self looking to start a computer business, already have one, working for someone else or something else?
I am looking to start a computer business.

Anything else you would like to share? hobbies etc..
I enjoy astronomy and chess.
Old 07-21-2011, 07:57 PM

Blue Banana is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome Sir!

Do enjoy your stay, make yourself comfortable. We have loads to do here, TN is certainly the best community for people like us on the whole 'net.

PS. We have a military base here in South Africa named Tempe
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. Isaiah 40:31