Go Back   Technibble Forums > Site Stuff > Repair Tool of the Week Suggestions

Technibble Sponsor

Old 04-06-2011, 12:51 PM

TLE is on a distinguished road
Default Run Android Apps on Windows

Came accross this today which is interesting, not really a tool (if a mod wishes to move it please do so), but could be handy for those of us with Windows Netbooks or Tablets.

http://www.crunchgear.com/2011/04/05...th-bluestacks/

Bluestack provide a virtualization layer bringing with it the ability to run Andriod apps on Windows based operating systems.

I will have to check it out this evening...

Last edited by TLE; 04-06-2011 at 01:01 PM.
Old 04-08-2011, 12:44 PM

6string is an unknown quantity at this point

Thats pretty cool, I read some where that you will be able to run windows OS on tablets soon. I think it was blackberry playbook.
Old 04-08-2011, 01:11 PM

jsmith1017 is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree with the author of the article. Why would someone want to do this? Who knows, but I'm in favor of someone developing the ability, if for no other reason, just because they can. Sometimes an application becomes popular by people using it to accomplish different things than the original developer may have had in mind.

I think apps fall into 1 of 2 main categories. There are those that are created to achieve a specific purpose and then there are those that are created that provide the ability for others to create all types of different uses.

Twitter is a good example of this right now. People use it in many different ways. I know some people that use it as an instant messenger tool, some as a primary news source, some that promote themselves or their projects, and some just to feel like they are being heard. The beauty is that there are probably many other uses for it as well.

Quote:
I read some where that you will be able to run windows OS on tablets soon. I think it was blackberry playbook.
I heard the other day that the BB Playbook is supposed to have a means of being able to use Android apps. I haven't heard that Windows could be loaded on it. I wouldn't surprise me though.

I know Asus is coming out with their Windows 7 Slate. Being able to use Android apps on it could be interesting.